• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Time to pitch this PS?

mazeroth

Gawd
Joined
Oct 2, 2015
Messages
514
My HTPC has an i5-3570k heavily OC'd (4.4 ghz) running a meager Antec Earthwatts 380w from about a decade ago. I'm going to be throwing a GTX 1060 6GB in this build and want to beef up the power supply, and use something a bit newer. I just replaced an 8 year old Antec TP750 with an EVGA 750w G3 a few weeks ago, and have it sitting here doing nothing:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371025

My question is, since this power supply is 8 years old, and was on 24x7 in my previous build, should I just keep it for troubleshooting purposes only and get something new for my HTPC?

I see Newegg has the CX650 for $25 AR right now (with coupon code EMCPVPX28), which seems like an exceptional deal. I don't care for modularity with this build. Or, would I be better served with something else?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139200&cm_re=cx650-_-17-139-200-_-Product

Thanks!
 
why did you swap the 750w psus? I would pop open the old one and if everything looks good keep using it or save it for a spare.
 
Back
Top