• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Time to o/c for Doom 3!

Davmx

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
202
Since Doom 3 is drawing nearer and nearer, I need to o/c my precious Radeon 9700 Pro. What is a good , reliable program to overclock it and still have the settings for FSAA, anistrophe like the control panel that ATI gave us?

thanks!
 
Carmack just said in the benchmark article that overclocking could possibly hurt Doom 3's performance. Wait for the hardware guide before doing an all-out abuse sesssion. :D
 
o/cing can hurt Doom3 performance!? wow... I didnt read the whole article I just skipped to the benchmarks
 
No, it's just stating that your "normal" oc might not work because doom 3 uses stuff on the core that none other game has.
 
TekieB said:
No, it's just stating that your "normal" oc might not work because doom 3 uses stuff on the core that none other game has.

what 'stuff'?
 
That would suck if all of us using 400/1000 oc on the GT and all the sudden we would have to lower it to like to stock speeds to play doom3. Well that would really suck.

Yeah like what stuff. I thought sm3.0 in farcry was the last thing not being used on the 6800s?

Also I play the HDR demo which I thought uses all the features of the 6800 except for sm3.0. That was the app I used for stable overclocking.
 
Hiyruu said:
what 'stuff'?

John Carmack says there are transistors on the GPU's that are going to be litterly used for the very first time in DOOM3 and the overclock you found stable in 3DMark03 and Far Cry may not be stable at all in DOOM3.

Most likely if your GPU isn't pushed to the max it will be fine. I think the GT's clocked at just 400/1100 should be ok since most can do higher then that.
 
The latest drivers said I can do something like 417/1080
But I play it safe and just use 400/1000.

But suprised there is no 3rd party apps out there that dont make use of all nvidia's features.

Course I like to know what features doom3 is making use of that we have not heard of before.
 
Back
Top