Time Sync from primary DC

Yz388

Limp Gawd
Our time has been off for quite some time. Finally got around to resyncing the primary DC, and that looks to be good now.

What is the best approach to get all users/systems updated? I want to push out this updated time.

A reboot doesent do it

cmd command that I already forgot did do the job, but obviously do not have the time to do this with 60 computers.

Thanks guys

Code:
net time \\dcservername /set /yes

just make that into a BAT file (or incorporate it into existing logon script), and in everyone's Active Directory account, put in the path to that BAT file in the Profile tab in the Logon script field.

any easier approach?

Whats the significance of net time command showing the domain controller? When I run it, its looking at the correct server which makes me think you could just force all pcs to look at it again.

Is there a command I can run one time just to resync with this server once and I should be good for awhile?

Thanks tho, appreciate it.

They should sync pretty quick if you are in a domain environment. If not, run this command: net stop w32time, then wait a couple seconds and run: net start w32time

Those two commands will turn off the time service and start it up again. When it starts up again it will contact the DC and get the time.

Back in the NT 4 days, adding the net time line to the login batch did it.
Since Windows 2000....with active directory, any clients logging in will get it set automatically for you, no login script required...it's part of the default setup.

Back