Time issue on AD client workstation

loss4words

Weaksauce
I have a very weird issue. For some reason XP client thinks that today is August, not March. I’ve tried changing this in the date and time properties but after a log off or restart it goes back to thinking it’s August. I also tried syncing with windows and .gov time servers but it wouldn’t sync. This only happens to one particular computer, other computers don’t have this problem. I even re-imaged this computer but it didn't fix it, so I don't think it's a problem with Windows. I have no idea what’s going on. Could anyone please help?

I can't seem to join this computer to our domain any longer. At the drop down box where you can choose a domain it's stuck at searching for available domains. It's been like this for 30 minutes now. Could this be related to the time issue?

Maybe...

Does your network run DHCP?
Are all other workstations pulling correct IP addresses? And importantly..the IP of your DC as their DNS server?

Can often speed up these slow logins with DNS/AD is tanked by unplugging the patch cable to the back of the PC.

agree. Unplug your network cable, login (with cached creds) and plug it back in to troubleshoot.

Sounds like a DNS issue. if you do a nslookup from command line, is it using your DNS server? can you ping your domain? ei ping localdomain.local and get a reply?

Back