• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Time For Some New Speakers

PolygonGTC

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
1,791
It looks like it's time for me to get some new speakers. I currently have a set of Klipsch Pro Media 2.1s. They're connected to an X-Fi Platinum. The volume control is starting to crackle and they just don't sound as good as they used to.

The easy thing for me to do would be to get an amp, some good monitors, and a sub. I would be using these to listen to music and game and I'm not really looking to spend that much. I also don't want to get the usual bunch of dedicated PC speakers. I want decent sound quality. So, I'd like something in between.

What I'm looking for:

2.1
Optical Input
Good sound quality
Sleek appearance would be nice as well

What I've found so far that fits the bill would be the Swan M50W. What other options do I have in that price range?
 
Those Swans look sweet, but looks like it lacks optical.
I am using a large pair of Alesis monitors and the bass is fine for me.
 
Crap, it looks like you're right. Perhaps I'm going to have to get an external amp if I want optical, perhaps a T amp?

What model of Alesis monitors to you have?
 
Crap, it looks like you're right. Perhaps I'm going to have to get an external amp if I want optical, perhaps a T amp?

What model of Alesis monitors to you have?

Keep in mind it’s the end of the year and most receiver companies are dumping product. Might want to consider a small receiver instead of a “T” Amp.
 
Crap, it looks like you're right. Perhaps I'm going to have to get an external amp if I want optical, perhaps a T amp?

What model of Alesis monitors to you have?

Alesis M1 Active MK2
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item...0HAMS0000&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&

this shows the size of the speaker,
cube-drives.jpg
 
Back
Top