Time for a new PS???

X-FacToR

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 23, 2002
Messages
82
Im looking to get a new vid card (leadtek6800 agp :( ) to hold me over until I can afford to do a complete overhaul. I currently have a fortron 530 running with a 9700np and all the stuff below. Is this PS enough or do i need to get something with a better rating in the +12v (does that sound right? haha) I did alot of searching but i'm just as confused as when i started, hopefully someone here can help me out :D

Specs : msi kt3ultra2/1.5 gb ddr/ 4 hard drives/ 1 dvd-rw/ 1 dvd-rom/ audigy2/ misc. usb stuff


link to fortron:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104968
 
Should be enough. It's a good PSU.

Your board is +5V regulated -- lots of +12V headroom then.
 
thats good to hear....I was a little worried because i already RMA'ed a 6800 to newegg cause there was alot of corruption even while booting up. Thought that maybe there wasnt enough power to the video card. Hopefully the next card i get will be good
 
Back
Top