A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
im looking for a new midtower atx case my budget is about 50 bucks..more or less i want a case with a 120 mm fan...(ive heard they are quieter and cool better)...im seeing some kool stuff at edazz.com...if anyone has any suggestions feel free.
Xoxide used to sponsor my Counter-Strike clan... those were good days when we all got free stuff at any LAN we decided to attend.
Damn CS 1.6...
Anyway, go with the Chenming/Chieftec cases.
Cheap, light, well made, and they have good cooling.
Great bang for the buck.
EDIT: Sorry, I overlooked the 120mm fan requirement. There are plenty of very good 80mm fans these days; although, the better 120mm fans certainly do provide much better cooling.
Are you able/willing to cut holes in your case for fans? A 120mm top blowhole and some quiet 80mm fans should do the trick nicely with the Chieftecs.
Otherwise... well, I never pay less than $100 for a case to be honest. Cooler Master makes some very nice mid-towers with rear 120mm fans, though.
80mm fans can be silent and effective if you are smart about them.
A top 120mm blowhole may also be used at very, very low RPM and still be very effective.
You should have no problems creating a silent system if you think ahead and experiment.
All my systems I have built are quiet.
Here is what I did to my tower(click for a large picture):
It has a total of four fans aside from the PSU.
Two 120mm Deltas on the radiator, a 120mm Panaflo on the top, and a 80mm Panaflo side fan.
Each of the fans has voltages set to my liking.
The system is entirely silent with a rather nice over-clock; I obviously water-cooled this one. I just wanted to show that they are nice cases to work on.
I'd go with a Lian-Li PC-6X, PC-75, V1000, or an Antec P180, all nice built cases
EDIT: Didn't see you said $50, thats not too much for a case but I would check the Skyhawk Lian-Li look like case, heres the link: http://www.dealsonic.com/skmssialatxm.html other then that I would realy save up for a nicer case...