Time for a new case .... need opinions, and a reason not to buy another Lian-Li...

Aaron_ATX

[H]ard|Gawd
Current setup (x99, corsair h110, 2 ssds', one platter drive, pair of 780ti's) shoehorned into a Lian-Li PC-B25F.

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-b25f/

This is a 2009 model, and I have come to realize case design has made some pretty monumental leaps since this was released. Previous case was a Lian-Li 62 and that was released in about 2000.....needless to say my cases outlast my builds, easily.

Back when Lian hit the scene the build quality compared to your average "enthusiast" case was really what sold me despite the prices..... but it appears that even most of the lower end cases outclass my current setup as far as airflow, flexability, and bigtime in the cable management department.

So, my main question is Lian-Li even really worth considering anymore compared to companies like Fractal Design, Corsair, Silverstone or any other company I might be leaving out?

Secondly if anyone might make a few suggestions to get me pointed in the right direction that would be great (bejezus there are 100000's of cases out there).

My main criteria:
$300-250 max price

Mid-tower or full tower, may even consider one of the HTPC style cases...just don't want something tiny, but don't want a oldschool style chieftech beast either!

Prefer options to mount my corsair h110 (280mm x 140mm) someplace that is not a top mount ... or if top mount something with decent clearance to the motherboard. Space for a smallish custom loop in the future once my h110 finally craps out

Aluminum construction preferable, if not the case has at least got to feel well made and not flimsy.

Updated built in cable management. (can't believe how much easier they have made this on todays nerd! wtf my dremel will feel neglected!)

USB 3 headers on the front of the case

a powered hub for 3 or 4 pin fans would be fantastic as well.

Filtered fans

Any suggestions would be awesome. Otherwise I will be spending HOURS looking over cases...

I went with a Fractal Design R2 XL. It is heads and shoulders better than my old Antec P180. So much so, my next build will use the same style case. Quiet, roomy, etc. I prefer non-bling boxes, so no windowed sides or flashy lights for me. YMMV.

Lian-li cases used to be super desirable back in the late 90's early 2000's but I don't see the appeal now. Personally I like Corsair - they are understated (the models I like), reasonably priced and very well built with good features.

Back