• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Time Extended In iPhone Suit

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Both Apple and Cisco have agreed to extend to time Apple has to respond to Cisco’s lawsuit accusing Apple of hijacking the iPhone name.

Cisco claims Apple's new device is "deceptively and confusingly similar" to its own line of cordless Web-enabled phones from the company's Linksys division. Cupertino, Calif.-based Apple says it's entitled to use the name iPhone because its device operates over a cellular network, unlike Cisco's phones.
 
I think we all understand that Apple has made thievery a company policy. They steal from their customers (make people pay for OSX service packs…. Well apple calls them new versions), their competitors, and their investors.

This is what I have come to expect from Apple. Anyone doing business with apple, or even near apple, needs to keep this in mind. Until all of this is worked out, I think Cisco should update their routers and switches to stop carrying IP packets that originated on OSX machines….. suck on that apple!
 
I think we all understand that Apple has made thievery a company policy. They steal from their customers (make people pay for OSX service packs…. Well apple calls them new versions), their competitors, and their investors.

This is what I have come to expect from Apple. Anyone doing business with apple, or even near apple, needs to keep this in mind. Until all of this is worked out, I think Cisco should update their routers and switches to stop carrying IP packets that originated on OSX machines….. suck on that apple!


As much as I dislike apple's practices they are par for the course. There's no entity anywhere
that would fail to act in such a manner if they could get away with it.
 
I am unsure what they need "time" for wither. It is crystal clear that Apple did not have the name 10 years ago. They didn't have the name 6 years ago when Cisco got it, they shouldn't be able to hijack it now.

In the mean time, I call it the Apple Phone. I am not going to feed into the whole media thing (notice how everyone is calling Apple's phone the iPhone now) and lend any credibility to the name hijack.

When they properly secure the right to the name, I will refer to it as the iPhone. As it sits, the true owner of the name is Cisco.
 
Back
Top