kvcrawford
n00b
- Joined
- Mar 6, 2008
- Messages
- 55
Hey all,
I'm trying to figure out a storage solution for myself, and I would love any input from you guys.
I have a MacBook Pro on a WiFi network. I need a storage solution for my movie & music library + backup for my web design projects.
Ideally, I would love for there to be a Time Capsule that is a 2-disk RAID array. Unfortunately that doesn't exist so I'll have to figure something else out.
Can I back up a TC drive to a USB drive connected to the TC? Or, can I back up a TC drive to a USB drive connected to my MBP? It's not important that it function like a RAID setup, just that it's possible to backup my TC drive and be able to restore it.
Would there be any speed issues with playing movies over a WiFi connected TC/NAS? Can my xbox 360 access a TC (wired, not wifi)?
--
Or how about a different NAS with a 2-disk RAID array? I can't use time machine to backup, can I? That wouldn't be so important, because I would manually place finished web design projects on the NAS RAID, and active projects stored on my MBP are already backed up with DropBox. My media would be secure because of the RAID.
This sounds like a good setup... what would costs be like? Can any of you recommend a good NAS device?
I'm trying to figure out a storage solution for myself, and I would love any input from you guys.
I have a MacBook Pro on a WiFi network. I need a storage solution for my movie & music library + backup for my web design projects.
Ideally, I would love for there to be a Time Capsule that is a 2-disk RAID array. Unfortunately that doesn't exist so I'll have to figure something else out.
Can I back up a TC drive to a USB drive connected to the TC? Or, can I back up a TC drive to a USB drive connected to my MBP? It's not important that it function like a RAID setup, just that it's possible to backup my TC drive and be able to restore it.
Would there be any speed issues with playing movies over a WiFi connected TC/NAS? Can my xbox 360 access a TC (wired, not wifi)?
--
Or how about a different NAS with a 2-disk RAID array? I can't use time machine to backup, can I? That wouldn't be so important, because I would manually place finished web design projects on the NAS RAID, and active projects stored on my MBP are already backed up with DropBox. My media would be secure because of the RAID.
This sounds like a good setup... what would costs be like? Can any of you recommend a good NAS device?