Tim Cook Hints Apple Will Part With Some Cash

So everytime he wants to talk about a company that talks about how green and humane they want to be and has 300 billion in cash reserves bringing manufacturing back to the US, he must list all those companies?

Oh wait, he did.

If you want to sit there and say he shouldn't single out Apple because they aren't the only ones contributing to the problems at Foxconn, that is another issue. But no, he was talking about a company bringing their manufacturing back to the US. There is no singling out in a negative way there. It is just someone wanting to see what they believe would be an improvement for a company that has a lot of cash right now and might be able to try it.

Yes, but those manufactures you listed don't have the big bacon amounts of cash to do so.

If Apple indeed moved some manufacturing back to the US, it would be a huge positive PR move. In fact, I bet it would increase sales knowing that an apple product was designed and built in the US.

I do believe Apple has an influence on how Foxconn treats and pays their employees. They are paying Foxconn to do the work, and if they went up and said, if you don't change, we will pull all of our operations from you. I think then, they would be more reluctant to make the changes.

Besides all of that.... Yes this is a good move on Apple to start giving some of that money away.

So because Apple has the most money you would like to see them bring manufacturing over to the US as a positive PR move as well as opening jobs for US workers, right?

You want them to spend a metric-ass ton of their money to relocate their operations and redistribute the wealth, yes?

Are you a 99%er?

Just as nice if Samsung, Sony, LG, whoever else did the same.

Singling out Apple is just silly.

Your comparison might be more valid if Samsung, Sony, and LG were American companies, which they are not. As I've said many times in these types of threads, the only way to fix offshore manufacturing is for the government to remove the incentives/loopholes that make such activities profitable.

By the way, Samsung does have R&D and manufacturing facilities here in the US...they make more than TVs and refrigerators you know.

Sounds to me as if Tim's trying to buy a good reputation. They're making money hand over fist and investors continue to invest in Apple without the dividend. Take the money and invest in R&D for new markets or more innovative ideas. Generate jobs and new technology instead of handing it over to investors.

Sounds to me as if Tim's trying to buy a good reputation. They're making money hand over fist and investors continue to invest in Apple without the dividend. Take the money and invest in R&D for new markets or more innovative ideas. Generate jobs and new technology instead of handing it over to investors.

Or he's just trying to do something good.....

Oh, you know how it is...to some of these people, it doesn't matter what Apple does - they'll always be the bad guy/wrong/immoral/Satan/the end of all good things/etc.

That's how I usually am with Apple, but seems this guy is trying to put them in the right direction. Maybe in the next few years Apple won't be a shit company anymore overcharging and being s.

That's how I usually am with Apple, but seems this guy is trying to put them in the right direction. Maybe in the next few years Apple won't be a shit company anymore overcharging and being s.

I like how you imply apple, the most valuable company in the world, was not on the right track under steve jobs. Or are you so naive that you believe a company should try to do anything other than sell product.

Also, how do you define shit company? Apple makes products that people want to buy, and now they've gotten to the point where they've sold so much that the "icult" arugment doesn't work anymore, and for whatever reason, that makes a lot of people very angry.

And how do you define overcharging?

iPhone: same or less than any other comparable smartphone
iPad: more or less the same as other comparable tablets, and actually cheaper at the beginning
macbook air: cheaper or same price than most ultrabook clones

And it doesn't matter if you think they're overcharging as it has been shown people are willing to pay whatever price they're charging, so by definition, they aren't overcharging.

Literally every person posting here is guilty of supporting the bad labor practices you all decry.

fuck yeah. Everyone here with an ipod iphone, you hypocrites.
y'all are enablers.

anyway, yes, they should pay out dividends, amounting to 10% per year, at least.

fuck yeah. Everyone here with an ipod iphone, you hypocrites.
y'all are enablers.

anyway, yes, they should pay out dividends, amounting to 10% per year, at least.

Actually anyone here with pretty much anything from any OEM. But ok.

This child slaves thing is just silly :) i saw that video inside the factory,and there was a video outside showing hundread of teenagers rushing for an interview. I highly doubt they are using slaves over there,just young people wanting a job desperatly in a very competitive place. In some parts of the world not everybody finishes highschool and goes to college,some just find jobs and start working young. In my country minimum pay is 170 euros,and i live in europe, my is guess thats the same amount those people make over there. Boo freaking-hoo ,we have people working in shity conditions over here also,noone is beeing called a slave. I highly doubed those kids are beeing chained and wiped to work there,they do it because they need the money. Yes foxxcon could pay them better and they are shit for not doing it,but that goes for many other companies,and other countries, everybody pointing fingers on the internet from their pc or tablet,but when a new gadget is out people with 2k,3k $ salaries complain its overpriced,yes foxxcon should pay every worker your salaries than we will see if people will still cry about child slavery lol
Sryy for double posting :))

This just screams to the Apple fans: "We're screwing you out of tons of money."

Apple fans are screaming back: "Screw me again!"

"Eastman referred to protests last year at a factory owned by Wintek, where iPad screens are produced for Apple. More than 60 workers were hospitalized after exposure to n-hexane, a chemical used for cleaning display screens, and at least one worker died.

“There were massive employee protests over working conditions after many people got sick,” Eastman said, “But protestors had raised the issue with Apple many months earlier. There wasn’t much response from Apple until after the public protests, and even then not as much as you’d expect.”

“Apple did not respond to questions from reporters on the issue,” Eastman continued. “The company often refers to its supplier code of conduct, and leaves it there.”"

WOOO! carry on apple since most deny anything untoward is going on :))

oh and: "Here's some (not) shocking news: Apple has decided to continue to not pay dividends on its stocks for the time being. The stock will also not split." from ars 2 days ago :)

Just as nice if Samsung, Sony, LG, whoever else did the same.

Singling out Apple is just silly.

Except Samsung and LG are Korean, and Sony is Japanese....so those companies moving jobs back to their corporate base wouldn't do squat for the US. ;)

Back