Previous build
P67 Sabertooth
i7 3770k
16GB RAM
SSDs + 3.5" drives
GTX 770
PC P&C 750w p/s
Silverstone TJ07

Long story short, I got sick of the full towers (all i've ran for the last 8 years), and build a shitty open-air case/test bench to use. Motherboard died last year, and decided to go a different route. Sold the i7, couple hard drives, and GTX 770. I then gave my buddy my TJ07 for christmas since he badly needed a case (yeah I know, I'm a nice guy).

I was sitting on an SB 3.0ghz i5, the 16gb of ram, bought some more SSDs, and that 750w power supply. I really wanted something smaller, and since I have about 2TB of SSDs, and a 4-bay NAS, I didn't really need space for 3.5" drives, or an optical drive since I haven't ran one in ages.

Found a mitx case/mobo from souwen here on the forums. Met up at his place to do a trade, since he lives locally, and here's what we built. Still need to finish cable management, and will be getting much better pictures here soon, thought I'd throw this up for now. I was rather surprised I was able to fit that 750w p/s along with that 12"ish R9 290 videocard in there together. It was a tight squeeze, and as you can see there's quite a bit of spaghetti, but I'll see what I can do about it. I have a corsair H50 watercooler, I think the bracket is broken, and I didn't have time to try to squeeze that in there. I will attempt it later, if the bracket still works and will update this log.

Current Specs

Asus h61m mobo
i5 2320 3.0
16gb ddr3 1866
Tri-x R9 290
PC P&C 750w P/S
2x256GB SSD
Fractal Designs Node 304 mITX case

CJJgEPOl.jpg

x3Kw86Bl.jpg

20HKnhzl.jpg

Here you can see the ridiculous clearance between the P/S and the videocard!
6ZQnbKTl.jpg

jPoDXbVl.jpg

All put together and running updates/installs. This was 10pm Sunday evening, so I called it quits at this point. Updated pictures coming in a day or two.
gnFccAPl.jpg

Lotsa power in a tiny case!

If you wanted to ditch the garbage OEM Intel cooler, it looks like a Zalman CNPS5X or Hyper TX3 might fit. But on second thought, it looks like it might touch the back of the video card since the CPU socket is so close.

Back