TigerDirect Has New Owner, Won’t Accept Returns

The days of doing it yourself PC's is closing to an end. You'll probably still be able to do it for the next 5 years or so but by then it probably wouldn't be worth it. I still have SB Desktops and laptops and really haven't seen the need to replace them. Back at the turn of the century and before I'd upgrade every chance I got by the novelty has long worn off. Use to get a big kick out of doing it, now, it just doesn't seem worth the while, not even some kind of feeling of accomplishment.

I kind of expect New Egg to fold up within 5 years.

that's not ...[H]ard :mad:

But yeah after the ordeal I went through with my last order with them (only a couple months ago) I was done messing with them, but I actually liked their site?! I surfed it quite a , but usually ended up buying elsewhere due to prices. R.I.P. tiger D

Hope they are gone once and for all. The only site in existence that still has rebates. What the hell kind of bullshit is this to have rebates in 2015. Its no wonder Amazon prospers and has my business.

Amazon does rebates. So...

Amazon is kicking everyone's ass, using sheer volume and multiple suppliers to get great prices, fast delivery, and they take returns with the new item being shipped while the old one gets returned. It's going to be hard to beat that. I don't see a future for TD.

fast delivery.. from Amazon??? when have you gotten that from them, in the last few years, ever since prime? hell last prime order I did through my friends account only one of the three items came in 2 days the others were 4 and 6. and they were all prime items. and if you don't have a prime account they sit on your order for sometimes a week even though it's in stock... man that bites my @ss

fast delivery.. from Amazon??? when have you gotten that from them, in the last few years, ever since prime? hell last prime order I did through my friends account only one of the three items came in 2 days the others were 4 and 6. and they were all prime items. and if you don't have a prime account they sit on your order for sometimes a week even though it's in stock... man that bites my @ss

You must be one of those people that live in a delivery zone black hole and just can't stop complaining about how much Amazon Prime sucks. Many people on this form are at 50+ Prime orders a year without complaints about delivery times.

You must be one of those people that live in a delivery zone black hole and just can't stop complaining about how much Amazon Prime sucks. Many people on this form are at 50+ Prime orders a year without complaints about delivery times.

Amazon is the only company I know that takes longer to pack an order than it would take to ship the order on the slowest shipping method possible.

No returns? R.I.P Tiger Direct. At the very least, you're dead to me.

Guess you didn't read how they are dead to everyone and closing their doors part there.

Mind you I don't normally buy from Amazon personally but anything that we order at work (1/2 from Amazon itself and 1/2 from 3rd parties) comes in a day or two. Coworkers buy from there all the time and get stuff next day. I was listening to people talking a few days ago on a podcast about ordering stuff and getting it within the hour from their new offering in some places. Said how funny it was to be sitting doing a live stream, order something that somebody said they should order, and by the end of the stream amazon was there with their part. So I have to agree with thought that you are one of the few and not one of the many there.

if you don't have a prime account they sit on your order for sometimes a week even though it's in stock.

I had that problem starting to occur. So, when I ordered something that was stated to be in stock, and it didn't ship by the next day, I cancelled the order, stating that instock products should ship by the latest the very next day. Even small merchants can do that, even I do when I sell something on ebay. After a couple of cancellations, my orders mysteriously started to ship on time. They were intentionally trying to push for everyone to join Amazon prime, by crippling other's service. That's just bad business, and I let them know that.

Indeed. I got an entire NUC setup in less than 24 hours form Amazon. That was nuts.

I had that problem starting to occur. So, when I ordered something that was stated to be in stock, and it didn't ship by the next day, I cancelled the order, stating that instock products should ship by the latest the very next day. Even small merchants can do that, even I do when I sell something on ebay. After a couple of cancellations, my orders mysteriously started to ship on time. They were intentionally trying to push for everyone to join Amazon prime, by crippling other's service. That's just bad business, and I let them know that.

Hmm, maybe I'll have to start doing that. All of my orders in the past two years from them have been incredibly slow, usually processing for 6 days and then shipping for 2-3 days. It's sad that the third party sellers can ship through priority mail and still be days ahead of amazon.

Hope they are gone once and for all. The only site in existence that still has rebates. What the hell kind of bullshit is this to have rebates in 2015. Its no wonder Amazon prospers and has my business.

Newegg still does those stupid mail in rebates.

So they don't accept returns but that also means your cc company is going to side with you on dispute.. I would dispute anything and everything I had recently ordered if it wasn't for not using them in over a decade.

Back