• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TigerDirect E-mail

GJSNeptune

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Mar 31, 2004
Messages
12,372
For anyone who didn't get it, the president of TD e-mailed everyone about the spyware removal program called PestPatrol. He's advertising a free PC spyware scan, and a deal on the software.

What do you guys think about this? Sure it's good to educate the average computer user about spyware, but why is a major PC hardware retailer endorsing something? I know it's business, but I can't imagine newegg or anyone else endorsing a product and giving a "touching story" about it. What's the deal.
 
GJSNeptune said:
Is it ethical?

Well, he's not experimenting the effects of Ebola on african children is he?
So, since he's not, I find nothing wrong with it.
 
robberbaron said:
Well, he's not experimenting the effects of Ebola on african children is he?
So, since he's not, I find nothing wrong with it.
Don't mistake ethics for business ethics. I'm quite offended as well.
 
GJSNeptune said:
Don't mistake ethics for business ethics. I'm quite offended as well.

That's like saying newegg's banner saying the 6xx series has devastating performance is unethical and that newegg shouldnt be promoting something they are selling.
 
robberbaron said:
That's like saying newegg's banner saying the 6xx series has devastating performance is unethical and that newegg shouldnt be promoting something they are selling.

Marketing in general is based on deceit. If you look where marketing started it finds its roots in propaganda and the Public relations industry(people like Edward Bernays). Yes, it's unethical according to my own morales, but in business ethics of course it's not. lol.
 
Back
Top