TigerDirect Consumer PC Race For Charity Heads To Dallas

HardOCP News

[H] News
The TigerDirect Consumer PC Race is on its way to Dallas. The next leg of the event will be held on Saturday the 15th at the TigerDirect retail store in Dallas. See the full press release below, as well as video from the Miami event.

On Saturday, December 15th, TigerDirect.com will host the Dallas edition of its popular Consumer PC Race For Charity. The event will take place at the TigerDirect.com retail store at 2:30PM EST. The first-ever consumer race kicked off in Miami on November 20th at the 1st Annual TigerDirect.com and Intel Holiday Technology Bash where racers competed for the 2 fastest times at the event for a trip to Las Vegas for the Finals (See results of Miami Race here). TigerDirect’s Charity PC Race has provided over $2.5 Million Dollars in donations to charities since it’s inception, and will keep that tradition not only alive, but expand it’s contribution to local communities.

• 12/15/12 – Dallas, Texas
  • 12/29/12 – Jacksonville, Florida

Can somebody please explain WTF is going on in this video?

PC Race? Of WHAT? I don't understand what the context of this video is

Can somebody please explain WTF is going on in this video?

PC Race? Of WHAT? I don't understand what the context of this video is

ROFL! Your post was the only reason I even briefly watched the video and I'm with you :p

they're basically racing to build rigs, first and second place finishers get a trip to Vegas on Tigerdirect's dime to compete in the final.

I am guessing that they were each given the same components and had to assemble a working PC the fastest.

Seems like a cool and interesting idea for a contest, if that's what it is.

Okay, like ruling out anything AMD announces, that was the least informative press release I've seen.

WHY IS CHICAGO ALWAYS GETTING THE SHORT END OF THE STICK WITH THIS STUFF WHAT THE HELL MAN WHAT THE HELL. IM GOING TO HAVE MY OWN RACE WITH BOOSE AND HOOKERS IN FACT FORGET THE RACE!

12/01/12 – Christiana, Delaware [Results]
12/08/12 – Chicago, Illinois [Results]
12/15/12 – Dallas, Texas
12/29/12 – Jacksonville, Florida

Back