Coupon: ATB63403
Expires on 6/15

Last edited:
ummm.....

Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1866MHz 4x4GB
Current Price: $114.99 - $5 Coupon = $114.99 + Free Shipping
Expires on 6/15

so is it 114.99-5=109.99? or is it 119.99-5=114.99?

ummm.....

Expires on 6/15

If you would have taken 3 second to go to the website you would notice that it is 119.99-5=114.99. Which is not that great of a deal.

$220 for a 8150?

Haven't they been $200 for the last few months regular price? If that were $200 + $20 coupon for $180 shipped, I'd buy one today. Any chance of that?

It's so frustrating that there are no reviews on the H40. The performance must not be very good. Usually when a Hydro series product comes out Corsair sends out review samples and reviews show up everywhere. I can't find even one review. The reason for that is probably because Corsair doesn't think it's good enough to publish the performance numbers.

i wonder will tigerdirect ship my bday gift for myself. ordered 10*4tb external hdd because it was on such a great deal of 150.

ummm.....

Expires on 6/15

The price is $119.99 - $5 coupon = $114.99.

We are fixing this now. Sorry for the confusion! :eek:

It's so frustrating that there are no reviews on the H40. The performance must not be very good. Usually when a Hydro series product comes out Corsair sends out review samples and reviews show up everywhere. I can't find even one review. The reason for that is probably because Corsair doesn't think it's good enough to publish the performance numbers.

It looks identical to the Antec Kuhler 620. They are also both made by Asetek. I would like to see some numbers too. With aftermarket fans of course.

They can hardly keep them in stock, well at least the 680s.

I'm waiting on a deal for a GTX 670 before picking up a second.

Yeah, I guess a hot deal from NE or TD for those cards would be, enter the [H] code, and it magically goes from OOS to in stock. :cool:

Last edited:
It looks identical to the Antec Kuhler 620. They are also both made by Asetek.

I think the H40 is basically the same except that it's got an aluminum block instead of copper.

I'm not sure what the cooling difference is likely to amount to but I suspect it's not huge under most scenarios.

I have two of these strapped to a kuhler 620 that's cooling my GTX570 and they're nice n' quiet at middling RPMs (I use this) to control fan speed.

I think the H40 is basically the same except that it's got an aluminum block instead of copper.

I'm not sure what the cooling difference is likely to amount to but I suspect it's not huge under most scenarios.

I have two of these strapped to a kuhler 620 that's cooling my GTX570 and they're nice n' quiet at middling RPMs (I use this) to control fan speed.

Ah, thanks. I didn't know that. I would love to see the cooling difference between these two as well too. I'm surprised that there hasn't really been much of a review on the H40.

Ah, thanks. I didn't know that. I would love to see the cooling difference between these two as well too. I'm surprised that there hasn't really been much of a review on the H40.

Seems that most people's assessment of all these units is based more on cooling to the exclusion of other concerns like noise. The noise of the in-box fan for the kuhler 620 ultimately wasn't tolerable for me. Following replacement of the fan with a push-pull set of CM fans, I've found that my 570's load temp is not only 25C cooler but the damn thing is virtually silent now even when I'm playing something that loads it full-bore.

To be clear: If cooling is the key factor, then there are air coolers that probably do a better job than a closed-loop liquid unit with an aluminum core. If you want decent cooling and you want it to be quiet you might like the liquid units after you stick some better fans on 'em.

To be clear: If cooling is the key factor, then there are air coolers that probably do a better job than a closed-loop liquid unit with an aluminum core.

In the price range? I'm not so sure about that. Again, thats why I would like to see some numbers and not with the stock fan.

If you want decent cooling and you want it to be quiet you might like the liquid units after you stick some better fans on 'em.

Its safe to assume that most members here have some good fans laying around. I've never used the stock fans on any heatsink.

Seems that most people's assessment of all these units is based more on cooling to the exclusion of other concerns like noise. The noise of the in-box fan for the kuhler 620 ultimately wasn't tolerable for me. Following replacement of the fan with a push-pull set of CM fans, I've found that my 570's load temp is not only 25C cooler but the damn thing is virtually silent now even when I'm playing something that loads it full-bore.

To be clear: If cooling is the key factor, then there are air coolers that probably do a better job than a closed-loop liquid unit with an aluminum core. If you want decent cooling and you want it to be quiet you might like the liquid units after you stick some better fans on 'em.

If what you are trying to say is "I wish they did apples-to-apples heatsink comparisons with Gentle Typhoons" then amen, brother! :D

In the price range? I'm not so sure about that. Again, thats why I would like to see some numbers and not with the stock fan.

Its safe to assume that most members here have some good fans laying around. I've never used the stock fans on any heatsink.

I found a review with a pretty wide spread of coolers including the kuhler

This review from [H] has the Thermalright TRUE 140 besting the Kuhler 620 in every category and, at $42.90 with free shipping for Prime it's better than any new price I can find for the Kuhler 620 right now.

Of course, none of that crap addresses the query about non-standard fans but, I figured it would be "food for thought" for you. I like the Kuhler 620 enough that I'm thinkin' about getting another one to put on my CPU to replace the CNPS9700 I have on it. If I could replace the fan on the CNPS9700 easily I would probably just do that, though.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Honestly, those reviews don't tell me anything since like I said I would imagine that most people here will be using aftermarket fans anyways. I know that in a lot of reviews that the H60 performs about on par with the Venomous X when using the same fans in push pull.

Any cpu cooler review that doesn't use the same fans when possible to me is worthless.

wow, tigerdirect is lame, they canceled my order :/
S130-8717
SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS DESKTOP DRIVE 4TB

my birthday gift for myself is ruined , thx a lot

^ That sucks, but maybe TD from this thread can help you out? I have no idea how good or bad their customer service support is.

^ That sucks, but maybe TD from this thread can help you out? I have no idea how good or bad their customer service support is.

i contacted their customer service, they were planning to bait and switch all along.

first they said it is sold out and would you want to replace with a 3tb for 120 which i seen better deals before.

however my order was backorder and i asked why it got canceled, they said it will take till oct to ship it.

i said that is fine and keep it in backorder.

they than said the manufacture stop producing it so it won't come at all.

total bait and switch. ruined my bday gift.

total bait and switch.

It sucks that you didn't get it but I suspect it's less bait and switch and more "someone done screwed up right good in the listing group". The customer service folks are probably being boned over by that mistake too since they have to field calls for the next week from people telling them that TD ruined their birthdays. The 3TB unit is on Amazon for $149.99. If something appears too good to be true, then it probably is. ;)

It sucks that you didn't get it but I suspect it's less bait and switch and more "someone done screwed up right good in the listing group". The customer service folks are probably being boned over by that mistake too since they have to field calls for the next week from people telling them that TD ruined their birthdays. The 3TB unit is on Amazon for $149.99. If something appears too good to be true, then it probably is. ;)

Eh... if that were true, then they shouldn't have said it'll take up to Oct to ship as their original reason.

Eh... if that were true, then they shouldn't have said it'll take up to Oct to ship as their original reason.

That sux, I guess this only propagates what I hear about TD not being a good company to do business with. I haven't bought anything from TD, but not necessarily b/c of their perceived bad service, but due to them charging tax in TX, whereas NE and Amazon don't.

Back