TigerDirect Black Friday Deals

I put it in my cart but decided against it - one, because I already have an extra laptop license for office pro 2010, and two, the resolution is low, especially for a larger screen. I think for what I want, I am just going to have to drop about $1400 - i7, blu ray, 1920x1080, nvidia 460M or 5850/5870.

Is there really no escape? I mean I am probably in the same boat as you...do we really need to drop 1k+ for a laptop in the calibur? I wanted a laptop that is slightly below my desktop, mb ie: i5, bluray, 15.6 display high resolution, 250gb hd(swap later with ssd), etc.

Well, the closest I've found is the HP DV7 that can be configured to be close to what I want (ATI 5650, 8G, 1600x900) for about $900 after the available coupon codes and discounts but, hell, if I am going to spend $1k, I might as well get exactly what I want for a little more. For me, it's not so much as can I afford it, it's do I really need it?

nobody ever really needs it; more that they would like to have it.
I personally opt for configurable laptops to get the option that I would like to have instead of settling for less. If you can find one that has everything you need; then its not a big deal

nobody ever really needs it; more that they would like to have it.
I personally opt for configurable laptops to get the option that I would like to have instead of settling for less. If you can find one that has everything you need; then its not a big deal

Exactly - I'm working on my master's thesis and it would be great to have a laptop that I could use at a library instead of the school's busted pentium 4 and athlon computers but they work. I figure if I had a laptop, it would help me keep my research altogether and let me work somewhere other than the house when the kids are being loud, but it's just convenience. Maybe next year when I'm busier with school, it will move from the nice to have category to the NEED it category, and then I'd even be able to take advantage of the new tech.

Exactly - I'm working on my master's thesis and it would be great to have a laptop that I could use at a library instead of the school's busted pentium 4 and athlon computers but they work. I figure if I had a laptop, it would help me keep my research altogether and let me work somewhere other than the house when the kids are being loud, but it's just convenience. Maybe next year when I'm busier with school, it will move from the nice to have category to the NEED it category, and then I'd even be able to take advantage of the new tech.
My laptop took a dump a couple months ago. I just use it when I sepend time with the family in the Family room or in the rare events that we go out of town.

I am honestly keeping my eye on the new Dell XPS lappy's. Going to see if I can convince the wifey to let us get one. or may possibly wait for Del to have some kind of savings.

I was going to get an HP but I either would like to have the business line. So I need to compare between the Dell XPS and HP business line and decide from there. Mostly what I am looking for is more of things that would be cool to have and not necessarily what I really NEED to have.
So I will end up around 1K or slightly more; which is what always holds me back.
I used to have an HP, but the hinge system on it sucked which is why it mno longer exists.

Good luck to everyone into the lappy market on their decisions

Are Dell Laptops any good...? I take care of maintenance of our office's laptops(pain) and we use to be pure DELL with their LATITUDE E5500 Laptop, but honestly this laptop is the worse in build quality I've seen...I had about 6 laptops with horrible issues of the backlight dying in less then a yr or so. Is it only the LATITUDE series? is this common for the other series as well?

Alot of people use Dell for routine stuff and have no issues. Plus, their customer support has always been great when we've had any issues, either at work or at home.

Back