Tie Windows 10 License to MSA

in before the cries of "this is MS forcing you to use a Microsoft account"

I'm wondering if you will also be able to deactivate a license. Like if I sale my llaptop or PC can I just deactivate the license on that device then reactivate on my new one? If it is tied to the MSA the hardware it installed on should be irrelevant.

Should have titled the article "Microsoft's stopgap measure to do their best to appease and lessen some of the Windows 10 hate from PC builders: Just another way to piss you off and force you into using our account-based services whether you want to or not disguised as a way to make your position of having to deal with Windows 10 easier overall" but I suppose that wouldn't fit in the space allowed. :D

Neat. I hope it's robust enough to understand multiple licenses. I have four Win10 machines.

I can understand how this would be neat for Retail versions....which brings up a related question. How would a person know if there running a retail version currently? All my serials came from those technet freebe's years ago. (where you got up 2 eight serials for win7)

There was this Microsoft tool that checks your keys (sorry I can't remember the name). The technet keys I checked were retail.

The tool that I used to check the keys was "Volume Activation Management Tool 2.0". I think there is a version 3 but I couldn't find it.

Back