Ticketfly Hacked

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Another day and another hack is exposed. This time indie ticket service Ticketfly is the victim. You aren't going to be buying your event tickets until they manage to plug the hole and get the site back online. This hack was discovered Wednesday night when the Ticketfly page displayed a picture of Guy Fawkes and a message that read "Your Security Down im Not Sorry." No word yet on whether customer information was breached or not.

Visiting the Ticketfly site now surfaces the message, "All Ticketfly and related systems are temporarily offline. Please check back for updates" and attempting to purchase tickets on the websites for individual concerts or festivals (such as Riot Fest, which just announced its lineup) leads to a "404 Not Found" error.

I haven't even heard of this site until I read the story. The website shows this webpage:

Ticketfly_-_Google_Chrome 2018-06-01 10-38-18.png

And the update page currently shows this:

Ticketfly I Ticketfly Cyber Incident Update - 2018-06-01 10-38-58.png

I can see the lawsuits coming because of the number of potential concerts this upcoming weekend and how much additional labor is required to validate the ticket purchasers. Hopefully, noone at Ticketfly will come up with the "We Sell Hammers"-level excuse as the reason why the security breach occurred. Hopefully, it was just a week administrative-type password for updating the website.

Attachments

• Ticketfly - 2018-06-01 10-37-40.png
    Ticketfly - 2018-06-01 10-37-40.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 0
Here is the current update:
When will the site be back online?
Regarding ticket sales, we are in the process of bringing the most critical parts of the Ticketfly ticketing system back online. Our team is working around the clock, however, given the technical complexity, this is going to take some time. As much as we want to share a timeframe, and as much as we know you are looking for one, all we can say is that we are getting close. As soon as we have more information and/or certainty on timing, we will let you know. Some clients have transitioned to Eventbrite. If you would also like to explore this option, please reach out to your rep.

We have identified a solution for Ticketfly-powered websites and are working through the logistics of bringing that solution live now. We will share more information as soon as possible.
'Ticketfly I Ticketfly Cyber Incident Update' - 2018-06-01 21-55-22.png

Back