Ticker app wanted

gnewbury

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - September 2007
Has anyone seen any monitor app that would let me put a small window anywhere on the screen just to monitor my points?
I'd like to stick a little monitor in the upper right hand corner and watch it tick away,
/edit I only want to display 1 line, 10 characters, at about 12 point size

I'm wondering if there's a vista sidebar gadget to do something like that, too..

I've got the eoc gadget, but it doesn't tell me about my current WU.

i'm loving the EOC gadget...combined w/ FAHMon webpage, I can easily check my history and current WUs from my desktop at any time.

I think I can do that in VB 2005 ... slapped this together real quick. It's set to hover above all other windows(shares focus priority with TaskMan) and refreshes every minute.

It was actually harder than I thought because I am behind a proxy server and was having issues fetching the F@H User Stats webpage. As FYI, my stats page in IE behind widget.
I guess I can remove the titlebar and place an [X] button within the form body to gain some pixels (per your wishlist)

FAHMIniMon.gif

When it has no focus... notice the opacity (you can see what's beneath it)
FAHMIniMon-4.gif

When you click on it... like to move it around
FAHMIniMon-5.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Has anyone seen any monitor app that would let me put a small window anywhere on the screen just to monitor my points?
I'd like to stick a little monitor in the upper right hand corner and watch it tick away,
/edit I only want to display 1 line, 10 characters, at about 12 point size

Got a few bugs to fix. Have to figure out why it crashes, I think it's after the first poll when the "Stats being updated" page is displayed or after it switches between the "Stats being updated" and the stats are again available.

I also have not tested it with anything other than the non-SMP, non-GUP, GUI Client. I have to test it on other clients. Also, I may need to setup some sort of .INI file so you can specify your "MyFolding" page. Or, I may just have you enter your username and I'll retrieve the stats. Saves me 1 local http fetch.

Got a few bugs to fix. Have to figure out why it crashes, I think it's after the first poll when the "Stats being updated" page is displayed or after it switches between the "Stats being updated" and the stats are again available.

I also have not tested it with anything other than the non-SMP, non-GUP, GUI Client. I have to test it on other clients. Also, I may need to setup some sort of .INI file so you can specify your "MyFolding" page. Or, I may just have you enter your username and I'll retrieve the stats. Saves me 1 local http fetch.

Cute program for sure however if you are pulling right from Stanford’s stats page they have issues with that especially if it pulls data every min.

Stanford only updates every 3 hours I believe it is and not always on schedule. The stats site writers like our own King_N use a special file provided by Stanford and even then they limit hits.

Might want to PM King for more details on the how’s and where’s. Actually the badges we use come from our stats site and might be a useable solution.

Love the idea though just sharing some thoughts on implementation.:)

Back