Ticked off!

My mobo or psu died whichever one I don't know but I suspected the psu and wanted to replace the mobo anyways so I did. Went to Fry's and bought a DS3L and a Corsair 550w psu. Put it together and all seems well. Fast forward 30 some days later and the pc freakin dies again. Aside from the first week I never opened the case after that to mess with anything and was running fine for 3+ weeks. One day I shut down and come back later and it just refuses to power up.

I've taken everything apart and checked my wiring, seating of cpu and heatsink etc and even running it on a non-metal service (motherboard box) and still wouldn't power up. The only indication of the pc getting power is that the cpu fan spins for a split second like its trying to start up but it doesn't get any farther than that.

I'm not saying Frys is a bad company per se but I'm only guaranteed that the psu was new and not so sure about the mobo. Although I was charged the retail price and not the refurbished price the box did not look anything like new. In fact I couldn't find a single mobo on the shelf that had the box in shrink wrap. I'm so steamed right now because it's just right outside the 30 day window and seems to me like a ticking time bomb since I installed it.

Now I have to go through Gigabyte to rma the board as that's the only component I can think of that would be causing the problem. For any of you that have gone through Gigabyte rma how well do they treat you? How long is the entire process? Also on the rma site it said the cpu retention bracket is required but I didn't think much of it and tossed it out...will they refuse my rma without it? Also is receipt/proof of purchase necessary? The board hasn't been out for 3 years yet so I should be fine for rma without a receipt right?

Can't you just go to Fry's and exchange it? Long time ago I had a board went bad and it was like close to a year, took it back to Fry's and got a new board.

Sorry mods, I didn't intend to bypass the swear filter it was unintentional and I was just being polite. JCNiest5 I called up Frys and they said unless I bought the extended warranty from them I would have to go through Gigabyte to get a replacement. The lady I spoke with even mentioned something about only having 15 days for mobo exchanges. What a load of ****! Frys is on the other side of town and I don't want to make the trip unless I know for sure I'll get a replacement. I charged it on my card so they have the purchase on file in their computers. Can anyone vouch for Frys replacing stuff after 30 days? I checked my statements and the purchase was made on 4/11.

Back