Tick...tick......tick

Sniper_Merc

[H]ard|Gawd
Shipment History:

DATE TIME ACTIVITY AND COMMENTS LOCATION

6/29/04 9 : 28 am With delivery courier.
8 : 51 am Arrived at DHL facility. Santa Clara, CA
2 : 50 am Processed at Sort Facility. Wilmington, OH

6/28/04 11 : 44 pm Picked Up by DHL. Shipper's Door

BFG FX6800 GT 256MB GT OC (overclocked) Video Card with nVidia's GeForce 6800 GT Chip 1 $399.99 $399.99

And no thats not the clock ticking, thats my face, as in nervous tick :D

OT: BFG is the first company that I know of that ships DHL. Is DHL any good? I've seen their commecials lately, taking stabs at UPS and FedEx. I also see that their domestic ground shipping rates are like $2-$3 under FedEx. I might try them out in the future if I hear good things.

Shorty said:
OT: BFG is the first company that I know of that ships DHL. Is DHL any good? I've seen their commecials lately, taking stabs at UPS and FedEx. I also see that their domestic ground shipping rates are like $2-$3 under FedEx. I might try them out in the future if I hear good things.

6/29/04 11:26 am Shipment delivered. South Charlotte, NC
7:28 am Arrived at DHL facility. South Charlotte, NC
2:58 am Processed at Sort Facility. Wilmington, OH

Total cost under $12 - seems pretty good to me! Although it's Outpost.com that's doing the shipping.

Now I just have to wait 4 hours to install this puppy...

Shorty said:

Thats direct from Frys's/Outpost, and its not ground that was 12 bucks for OVERNIGHT AIR. It was 9 bucks for ground so the extra 3 bucks was worth it.

i know the feeling :(
come on 5pm !!

6/29/04 11 : 18 am Shipment delivered.
9 : 01 am With delivery courier.
8 : 19 am Arrived at DHL facility.

6/28/04 11 : 47 pm Picked Up by DHL. Shipper's Door

michealo said:
i know the feeling :(
come on 5pm !!

6/29/04 11 : 18 am Shipment delivered.
9 : 01 am With delivery courier.
8 : 19 am Arrived at DHL facility.

6/28/04 11 : 47 pm Picked Up by DHL. Shipper's Door

Ah the joy of tracking a much anticipated package. Here's why I dont do it anymore.

I payed for 2-day FedEx delivery from Newegg a few months ago, CPU and RAM.

Started Trackingit on 2nd day @ 8 AM, arrived at local our FedEx hub and placed on truck for delivery. "Woohoo!" .... or so I thought. Waited at home ALL day long for Fedex to show up. Nothing. Checked the tracking status every 30 minutes, then at 5 PM it said "Not scheduled for delivery" and it was back at the local FedEx hub. Arrrrggghhhhh!!!! :mad: The f'ing truck probably drove down my street 3x during the day.

Anyways, post your thoughts/results on your 6800GT OC when you can.

Ah yes, the FedEx bait-and-switch - I've had that happen to me a couple times. I've also had them leave $500 packages on my doorstop at 10 am instead of dropping them off at the apartment office, so now I always track and go pick up packages as soon as they've been delivered.

Besides - maybe I'm just a masochist, but I enjoy the chase even when it ends in failure. :D

Damn it. You all are tempting me to spend more money than I have.

DAMN YOU ALL! :mad:

lopoetve said:
I hate you...

I hate you all...

Why they are the ones in my opinion wasting their money. If they would wait a little while instead of jumping on the opportunity they would have saved themselves some money.

Major_A said:
Why they are the ones in my opinion wasting their money. If they would wait a little while instead of jumping on the opportunity they would have saved themselves some money.

The difference between what we paid for this card now ($411 shipped overnight), and what it will cost in six months ($300? $250?) is about what most people spend on cable/satelite TV every month. Hell, I spend $10-15 a day on lunch. If you make good money and are just really good about saving it, I admire your fiscal common sense. If you don't and are simply jealous, look around and realize that there are a lot of jobs in the world that allow you to buy the occasional "wasteful" yet enjoyable toy. :)

[BB] Rick James said:
I ordered mine from compuplus and I'll have it by tomorrow! (I hope) They just got a new shipment in today and I got some Overnight delivery action!

I looked at theirs. They have a pic of the wrong card (pny card), and resellerratings isn't that good (noted for shipping wrong products, and not shipping for 2 days +). If you get what you ordered, please PM me and I'll get one too.

faustus226 said:
The difference between what we paid for this card now ($411 shipped overnight), and what it will cost in six months ($300? $250?) is about what most people spend on cable/satelite TV every month. Hell, I spend $10-15 a day on lunch. If you make good money and are just really good about saving it, I admire your fiscal common sense. If you don't and are simply jealous, look around and realize that there are a lot of jobs in the world that allow you to buy the occasional "wasteful" yet enjoyable toy. :)

That's just it, I COULD afford it. I get paid next week, it'll be a $600+ paycheck. I ~could~ get this. But part of me says wait, pay cash, don't worry about it... Or wait and see... you don't need it... etc...

And I just upgraded to 1gb ram, so :p

These new cards are just so addicting. How am I supposed to get any work done when I can do this...

elephant.JPG

lopoetve said:
I looked at theirs. They have a pic of the wrong card (pny card), and resellerratings isn't that good (noted for shipping wrong products, and not shipping for 2 days +). If you get what you ordered, please PM me and I'll get one too.

Actually they are selling the BFG card but the picture is of the EVGA card. The guy on the phone said it was a BFT 6800 GT OC card and it should be shipped out tonight. I'll let you know what I get. LOL... It better be the right card. :mad:

lopoetve said:
That's just it, I COULD afford it. I get paid next week, it'll be a $600+ paycheck. I ~could~ get this. But part of me says wait, pay cash, don't worry about it... Or wait and see... you don't need it... etc...

On the bright side (for you), you'll probably have a better retirement than I will. :)

I've actually been waiting for these cards to come out for about three months. When I built my current system a few months ago, I wasn't doing any gaming due to time constraints, so I just stuck with the onboard Intel Extreme Graphics chip while nVidia and ATI took their sweet time. Now I'm ready to get back into the arena, and $100 is (for me) a pretty small price to pay to avoid waiting three to six months longer...

One kinda stupid thing.

They didn't include any of the Geforce 6 demos. Bastages, Now I gotta go figure out where there available for download.

Well it looks like Compuplus pulled through for me.

I just got these emails from them.

Thank you for placing an order at Comp-U-Plus.

Your order # XXXXX was received on June 29, 2004 at 4:59 PM Eastern Time.

Your order included the following items:

1 BFG GeForce 6800GT 256MB AGP Video Card - BFGR68256GTOC

Total amount: $419.99
and
Thank you for shopping at Comp-U-Plus Direct.

Your credit card has been charged for a total amount of $419.99. Your order will be shipped promptly. Your tracking number will be emailed to you upon order shipment.

Your satisfaction is our priority, visit us again at http://www.compuplus.com to see our latest specials!

Hopefully it ships tonight!!

Sniper_Merc said:
Cool Beans :)

There coming up with better customer service than Best Buy.

Heck yeah they are. I was surprised. It would suck nuts if the card comes tomorrow and it's something other then the BFG 6800 GT though.. LOL

faustus226 said:
On the bright side (for you), you'll probably have a better retirement than I will. :)

I've actually been waiting for these cards to come out for about three months. When I built my current system a few months ago, I wasn't doing any gaming due to time constraints, so I just stuck with the onboard Intel Extreme Graphics chip while nVidia and ATI took their sweet time. Now I'm ready to get back into the arena, and $100 is (for me) a pretty small price to pay to avoid waiting three to six months longer...

Good God man, slap that in there!

I'm on a 9800 Pro, it's harder for me to justify.

ThisMonsterLives said:
These new cards are just so addicting. How am I supposed to get any work done when I can do this...

elephant.JPG

You whore.

You just cost me $400. ;)

I just returned my x800 pro (cost me $3 shipping to keep it for 2 weeks oh well) and it was pretty painless at bestbuy. I know some people will go @#$%, but Im going to wait til doom 3 a few weeks before doom 3's "release" date to decide on a new card.

archevilangel said:
I just returned my x800 pro (cost me $3 shipping to keep it for 2 weeks oh well) and it was pretty painless at bestbuy. I know some people will go @#$%, but Im going to wait til doom 3 a few weeks before doom 3's "release" date to decide on a new card.

When is Doom's release date again? Aren't there any benchmarks with the new cards and Doom3?

anyone get to try out joint operations with the card? im curious as to the performance the 6800 does in that. its a very taxing game, especially the full version maps

doh-nut said:
anyone get to try out joint operations with the card? im curious as to the performance the 6800 does in that. its a very taxing game, especially the full version maps

Grabbin the demo now, just to see what it does on this card.

I would have to say that with this card and my cpu, the best it can do is 1280x1024 no AA and Ansi Filtering on high in game, in the most intense situations I was hitting about 30 FPS with those settings.

BTW joint ops doesn't look near as good as Far Cry does, but that 100 person multiplayer would have some allure to it hehe.

Sniper_Merc whats your current system configuration (and has your card arrived already.. too lazy to read the whole thread!)

KickAssCop said:
Sniper_Merc whats your current system configuration (and has your card arrived already.. too lazy to read the whole thread!)

Card arrived yesterday, as evidenced by the screenshot ;)

Athlon XP Mobile 2600+ @ 2500 MHz 166/166 x15 1.5 Gig PC 2700 Crucial, Shuttle AN35/N 400 motherboard, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, and lots of assorted other shit. Full System Specs Snipershide

I just finished up high speed runs with the card at 410 core, 1100 memory and got 11,800 in 3D Mark 03, and 18,800 in 3D Mark 01. The 01 score seems a little low but go figure. Stock speed in 01 was 18,600 in 01 and 10,800 in 03.

This is not pushing my system to the max but it should give you a good idea of what to expect from an overclocked Athlon.

Oh and this is with the beta 61.71 Forceware drivers.

And yes I know, I need new ram, new card was more important so :p.

Back