Ti4600 TV-Out

TekSomniaK

[H]ard|Gawd
I've put spare parts together with the intention of having a computer out in my family room displayed through my tv. I have an old Triplex Millenium Silver Ti4600 and have the TV-Out adapter for it. So through the nvidia drivers I have to check the box next to force TV detection for it to even detect the TV. Then through nView I set it up to display through the TV, just shows flickers. I set it to Clone and it just shows flickers. Is there something wrong with the video card or tv-out adapter? BTW I'm using the 77.76 drivers, any recommendations on rolling them back?

Specs on the computer

Shuttle SK43G VIA (pretty sure that's the model....got it cheap from my uncle)
AMD Sempron 2500+
256mb crucial ddr pc2100(gonna get 512 of 3200 soon)
Triplex Ti4600 of course

Just so you know, NV didn't intergrate the TV out chip on their cards until the GF4 MX which means that all the previous cards including the GF4 Ti cards (like your 4600) have a seperate TV out chip. Now even with the GF4 series most manufactures decided to cheap out on chip so you have something of a 50/50 chance of having acceptable/horrible TV out quality.

Now back to the orginal question, I use svideo out (don't expect miracles, it's only 480i) and I run mine with the TV set as the main (or primary) moniter and it works like a charm.

My question is what do you mean by "tv out adapter"?

The thing that you plug into the card that gives you the composite and s-video in/outputs. I'm pretty sure I've used it before and it worked, but it would've been at least a year ago.

I had a 4600 and I never got the output to work even with the appropriate VIVO add-in and cables.

similiar issue, and question.

i have a ti4200 golden sample in my shuttle, same one sk43g, and my tvout quality, when in windows, and trying to read file names is just terrible. but when playing video, or games, its ok, since all i really use it for is to watch tv shows and movies on my tv.

but awhile back i seem to recall a utility made by someone that was specifically for nvidia cards and the tv out capabilities to clean the image up some. nvhancer or something was it called, i dont remember, but if any of you do, or have it can you link me to it? ive googled around some and i cant find it, mostly cuz i forget the name of it

P3N1X[H] said:
similiar issue, and question.

i have a ti4200 golden sample in my shuttle, same one sk43g, and my tvout quality, when in windows, and trying to read file names is just terrible. but when playing video, or games, its ok, since all i really use it for is to watch tv shows and movies on my tv.
Your looking for TV Tool but that doesn't matter since text is unreadable with svideo (480i).

I think theres might be something wrong with your TV out adapter box,

with my tv out??

yes i am using svideo out. and the only output on my card is svideo i believe. would using RCA be any better or clearer?? if so i can swap a card out and use that.

ill give tvtool a shot, thanks so much for the linkage!

P3N1X[H] said:
with my tv out??
The OP
yes i am using svideo out. and the only output on my card is svideo i believe. would using RCA be any better or clearer?? if so i can swap a card out and use that.

ill give tvtool a shot, thanks so much for the linkage!
Composite (also know as RCA) is a step down. If you want to be able to read text you need a TV that does atleast 720p and to use component or better yet DVI/HDMI.

Back