• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TI 4800 or 5600

Wicked_Bass

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 26, 2000
Messages
1,052
Which one would be good for a little while I save for a newer card!

thanks, Wicked
 
I'd not buy either and use that money to get your newer card faster ;)
 
What is the price range you are looking at? If you are looking between $100 and $150 there are a bunch of 9600 Pro video cards for under $150.00. Unless your card is really old I would wait and save. There will be some great deals by the end of the summer.
 
how much are you paying for the ti4800 or 5600, this will help us give you a rec.
 
you can get a 9800pro 128mb for like 180$....you cant beat the price/preformance ratio with that.....i tihnk its a refurb tho....still....id go for that....
 
The 5600 is a 256mg 128bit from gainward 88$

the 4800se is 128meg from gainward $88

Thanks
 
Since it's just a temp card, maybe snag a used GF4 Ti, 8500, or 9100 from the forums or eBay?
Otherwise, I'd say the 5600. If you can get one cheaper w/ 128MB I'd do that though. 256MB is a waste on that card.
 
here jsut get a 130$ radeon 9800 128mb....should be sufficient for a while
 
Knucklez said:
here jsut get a 130$ radeon 9800 128mb....should be sufficient for a while
That's got to be a slow SE. Though if you get a moddable one you can turn 'em into pros...
 
zandor said:
That's got to be a slow SE. Though if you get a moddable one you can turn 'em into pros...

I just sold my 256bit one for that.
 
Back
Top