Engadget posted a video of Intel showing off Light Peak (I guess we're now calling it Thunderbolt...)
They daisy-chain a Macbook Pro to a Promise NAS, which is also connected to a 27" DisplayPort monitor. They do high speed data transfer of multiple 1080p videos from the Promise RAID device while simultaneously delivering that video to the display over the same cable.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/24/intel-thunderbolt-a-closer-look/
Technically speaking, this is hot shit. I know editors who want this in Mac Pros right now so that they can edit multiple uncompressed HD streams using external storage without a fiber card. Now I really see why Intel decided to pass on USB 3.0 and leapfrog onto something way faster and more useful.
They daisy-chain a Macbook Pro to a Promise NAS, which is also connected to a 27" DisplayPort monitor. They do high speed data transfer of multiple 1080p videos from the Promise RAID device while simultaneously delivering that video to the display over the same cable.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/24/intel-thunderbolt-a-closer-look/
Technically speaking, this is hot shit. I know editors who want this in Mac Pros right now so that they can edit multiple uncompressed HD streams using external storage without a fiber card. Now I really see why Intel decided to pass on USB 3.0 and leapfrog onto something way faster and more useful.