thumping from speakers?

fornarmr

Gawd
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
552
Lately there has been some thumping noises coming out of my speakers. It happens at random times but it is just this really fast thumping sound that isn't effected by my volume control. Anyone have any idea what is going on???
 
Could be electrical interference. It could also be your speakers going bad.

Try moving the speakers to another location or even try another power outlet.
 
I am using headphones... but volume control doesnt do anything... the sound just persists

I just plugged speakers in and the noise is still there..
 
Are you using integrated sound on the motherboard or a sound card?
 
I had a similar situation, are these speakers coming from a sound card? If so check your sound card, that's what mine was, otherwise make sure you have solid connection on your speakers, I'm not sure what kind of setup you are speaking about so that is kinda vague.
 
Which speakers are you using? How long have you owned them for?
How long has this "thumping" problem been occurring?
Have you tried any "troubleshooting" to further diagnose the problem (and/or discover the source of the problem)?
 
wow, i heard clicking coming from my machine when booting up, and it sounded like it was coming from my DVD drive. I had the Crysis disk in there, took it out, and i dont seem to have the noise now. We'll see how long this lasts.

I have an auzentech x-fi forte with DT770 headphones.
 
Back
Top