Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeItsMe

[H]F Junkie
I know [H] has a rather limited set of smilies for a reason, and Kyle may prefer it that way... but how about a thumbs up/thumbs down icon? Or maybe just a thumbs up? I don't care that much for the thumbs down. I think it'd fit nicely in the 12 smiley box we have. And of course I know I can embed them as images in the post if I am that desperate to give someone my e-approval.

thumbs_up.gif
or
thumbs_down.gif

Here is a picture to help demonstrate the joy of a thumbs up!

4thumbsup.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer the youtube style near the quote button, like this comment took 15 thumbs up and 5 down AND 20 thanks.
thumbs up if you agree :D

A thread rating system is already in place here, so...

I for one have always appreciated the simplistic bare bones nature of this forum compared to others that are tech related and been around nearly as long that have turned themselves into utter garbage with huge picture sigs, most of them animated and way too garish to believe, too many icons/emoticons, etc.

Not sure about it, but I'm fairly confident that's how Kyle prefers it hence the "just get the job done" styling this forum offers.

If required I'd vote "thumbs down" on this concept...

A thread rating system is already in place here, so...

I for one have always appreciated the simplistic bare bones nature of this forum compared to others that are tech related and been around nearly as long that have turned themselves into utter garbage with huge picture sigs, most of them animated and way too garish to believe, too many icons/emoticons, etc.

Not sure about it, but I'm fairly confident that's how Kyle prefers it hence the "just get the job done" styling this forum offers.

If required I'd vote "thumbs down" on this concept...

Well the idea was more for individual posts/comments, not for a thread as a whole.

As far as the simple design, I totally agree, but I think the
thumbs_up.gif
icon fits well enough with the smilies we have. Plus we only have 11 right now, and the box can hold 12 :D

Yes, but "QFT" is annoying, whereas
thumbs_up.gif
is not. Unfortunately the icon looks more like a yellow joystick next to a small beehive than it does a thumbs up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back