Thumbdrives: Durable keychain mounted?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12106
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12106

What are you guys using?

Not having one on my key ring has been proving to be a disability.

Looking for a min of 16 gigs, and something durable, waterproof etc.

Also, any handy apps I should have on it?

forgot, to answer your last question...

i run

BartPE with Norton Ghost on mine.
aswell as

spybot search and Destroy(you can make this portable by copying over the spybot folder)
Portable Trojan Remover, Portable Avast, MalwareBytes, portable Adaware.

and a few drivers for things i constantly install such as wireless cards, printers.

i use Corsair Flash Voyager, http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...rsair+16+GB&cid=132773927437176279&sa=title#p

Good brand name, durable, water proof, 16GB :)

only issue i had with mine was after sixth month of pulling it out of usb slots using my keys i managed to pull the ruber cover off it, aslong you remmeber to pull the usb out by actually gripping the sides you will be fine.

I had one of these on my keychain, but after months of moving around in my pocket the hole in the rubber was rubbed raw enough to tear, making it a non keychain usb stick. I would personally not buy another.

i second the rubber flash voyagers
ive had one on my keychain for years now, undergoing all kinds of abuse other drives couldn't tolerate (even a cruzer titanium has that crapass miniloop as a weak point.)

SuperTalent PICO drives....those ultra small little guys
http://www.supertalent.com/products/stt_usb_detail.php

Metal casing, water resistant. Can get them in nickle and gold if you want. Rugged stuff. problem is they're so small, you may lose them.

2nded. I have a handful of these in various finishes and sizes, but they arent the most reliable. I also recommend the OCZ Diesel. I actually tried to bite mine and couldn't even scratch it.

You had yours fail? //guess so

I only like the little mini drives now...as I keep them in my pocket. Being a guy, I'm not fond of much stuff in my pockets.

I have a few of the little Crucial Gizmo Jr drives too, as we get them with a lot of our memory orders from Crucial. So far none have died on me, but the Crucial ones are plastic case..the edges chip away..so I don't see them lasting very long.

I am thinking I might pick up a pico c or a corsair voyaher. I have a few 4gig voyagers, but, 4 gigs can't hold much, for sure nothing larger.

I am thinking I might pick up a pico c or a corsair voyaher. I have a few 4gig voyagers, but, 4 gigs can't hold much, for sure nothing larger.

So get their 32 gig model! :D

I like these new small ones because they're not some big clunky thing like the old school ones, you don't feel like you're carrying around a cigarette lighter in your pocket or swinging off your keychain.

So get their 32 gig model! :D

I like these new small ones because they're not some big clunky thing like the old school ones, you don't feel like you're carrying around a cigarette lighter in your pocket or swinging off your keychain.

I am debating between 32gig and 16gig.

If the recommendations I made go through, I will have a 320gig mybook in my desk drawer for those VHD's to reside on:)

Trying to decide between the Pico C or the Xporter XT Boost in 8 Gig flavors. From what I can tell over reviews, sites, and forums, it seems the Xporter might be quicker w/ writes, especially w/ smaller files. That said, it's friggin' huge compared to the Pico.

As a Corsair "Fatty" Survivor owner, I can say w/ absolute certainty the bigger drive usually gets left at home. Big drives suck. Slow drives suck. Mine mixes both, but nothing can kill it, heh. Hmm...

Anybody given these a shot yet? They look nifty

iamaKey_ring.jpg

http://www.lacie.com/us/products/product.htm?pid=11225

Anybody given these a shot yet? They look nifty

iamaKey_ring.jpg

http://www.lacie.com/us/products/product.htm?pid=11225

My first thought when seeing the picture.."That's pretty badass". But then practicality came to mind, and I would find it a pain in the arse to slip that in the rear USB ports of some computers while having the rest of my keys dangling off of it. Plus the added weight of keys pulling down on it...not that I have a keychain full of keys like a janitor..only 4 keys on there..but still...

My first thought when seeing the picture.."That's pretty badass". But then practicality came to mind, and I would find it a pain in the arse to slip that in the rear USB ports of some computers while having the rest of my keys dangling off of it. Plus the added weight of keys pulling down on it...not that I have a keychain full of keys like a janitor..only 4 keys on there..but still...

Yeah I thought the same, it would go well with one of those detachable keyring links though :cool:

Try this: http://usb.brando.com/eagletec-usb-nano-flash-drive_p00892c041d015.html

Yes, it's from China, but what isn't these days? I've got one for my netbook and 3 more on order. THey take some time to get here though because they have to go though customs.

Oh that is hot. Could be perfect to boot something from usb, say, esxi?:)

I did get a pico c. I am on the fence about it...write rates are all over the map, one night I started transferring 10g to it, It got hot, but, I figured, maybe it was my laptop.

Next day, go to work, data corruption:mad:

Ok, fine...so I format it and used it on my wii for awhile.

Going to try it again. Also noticed some usb ports do not read it at all:confused:

The size is perfect.

An Xporter XT Boost 16GB is on it's way! It's been too long w/ the 2-5 MB/Sec writing wonder...

Yeah I thought the same, it would go well with one of those detachable keyring links though :cool:

I just ordered one of these for myself for Christmas. I have had it about a week and absolutely love it. It's rugged as hell and I never forget it. I have 4 keys on my keyring and even in a laptop with the keys hanging free, no bending occurs, nor any obvious strain on the USB port itself.

I am ordering another one for a coworker. Big fan of these things. Plus, it's a nice conversation starter for those boring days with boring clients. :p

When I had my Sandisk Titanium, it was always attached to my keychain when I was using it. Never had a problem, once I get some money, I might pick one of those up.

Back