Thumb Drives

dapcwiz

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
150
hmmm I wasn't sure where else to post this, this seemed like the best section...

I just got a san disk cruzer 512 MB thumb drive as a birthday present. It's cool and all... but does anyone know of a way to solder a blue LED into there? I can't even see a way to get the damn thing open. Any suggestions would be great. I guess I could leave it as is, but what's the fun in that? :p
 
its a surfacemount led... you could probably solder on a regular one... dunno how to open it tho... hammer? ;)
 
is there an led already in there? just be careful on how you open it. If its not going don't force cause you could break a plastic tab or 2.
 
Originally posted by dapcwiz
hmmm I wasn't sure where else to post this, this seemed like the best section...

I just got a san disk cruzer 512 MB thumb drive as a birthday present. It's cool and all... but does anyone know of a way to solder a blue LED into there? I can't even see a way to get the damn thing open. Any suggestions would be great. I guess I could leave it as is, but what's the fun in that? :p

ive seen a lot of ricing in the computer world-- cold cathode lights, custom made cases with racing stripes, liquid nitrogen cooling systems, but this just takes the cake...
 
Originally posted by stub
ive seen a lot of ricing in the computer world-- cold cathode lights, custom made cases with racing stripes, liquid nitrogen cooling systems, but this just takes the cake...

Was that necessary? Nice contribution to the thread.:rolleyes:


I must say, the green LED in the end of those things is hideous. Blue would look so much better. (I have one also)
 
Back
Top