Oct 4, 2010 #1 L lehmann [H]ard|Gawd Joined Feb 8, 2005 Messages 1,362 can winxp or win7 be installed on a 8gig thumb drive?
Oct 4, 2010 #2 W W.Feather [H]ard DCOTM x4 & [H]DCOTY x1 2FA Joined Nov 10, 2009 Messages 11,815 wait....are you asking if you can use the thumbdrive as your OS drive ?....or if you can put it on a thumb drive to install it ? I dont think 8 gig would be enough for win7, xp maybe if you trim it up.......i'm not sure really..... both of them can be put on a thumb drive to install though
wait....are you asking if you can use the thumbdrive as your OS drive ?....or if you can put it on a thumb drive to install it ? I dont think 8 gig would be enough for win7, xp maybe if you trim it up.......i'm not sure really..... both of them can be put on a thumb drive to install though
Oct 4, 2010 #3 K Kendrak [H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009 Joined Aug 29, 2001 Messages 21,141 It wont install on a thumb drive.... I've tried. When running linux off a thumb drive and folding it killed the client speed (if your running larger WU) notfreds put everything into RAM to get around that problem.
It wont install on a thumb drive.... I've tried. When running linux off a thumb drive and folding it killed the client speed (if your running larger WU) notfreds put everything into RAM to get around that problem.
Oct 4, 2010 #4 1 10e 2[H]4U Joined Jul 20, 2006 Messages 3,383 I've used a 4GB USB stick to install Win7x64 Ultimate, but not for actual O/S use. Ninja'd by Special "K"
I've used a 4GB USB stick to install Win7x64 Ultimate, but not for actual O/S use. Ninja'd by Special "K"
Oct 4, 2010 #6 L lassiterb [H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2009 2FA Joined Oct 10, 2005 Messages 816 XP can be installed on a USB hard drive (had to have some modified USB drivers, lifted from win2003 server I think) so it goes to reason that you might could install it on a USB thumb drive as well. Win7 is a no go as far as I know though.
XP can be installed on a USB hard drive (had to have some modified USB drivers, lifted from win2003 server I think) so it goes to reason that you might could install it on a USB thumb drive as well. Win7 is a no go as far as I know though.
Oct 4, 2010 #7 N nitrobass24 [H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2009 2FA Joined Apr 7, 2006 Messages 10,477 iscsi boot instead?
Oct 4, 2010 #8 W W.Feather [H]ard DCOTM x4 & [H]DCOTY x1 2FA Joined Nov 10, 2009 Messages 11,815 network boot may be what you need ?