• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thumb drive with 2 partitions

ashrack

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
145
Received an USB KEY "Patriot Memory 256MB"around november last year. But this key is different than the other USBs I've seen since it creates 2drives on connection in both Windows and LINUX.
Heres the fdisk output from linux of my USB DRIVE:
Code:
Disk /dev/sda: 220 MB, 220430336 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 26 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

   Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sda1               1          26      208813+   b  W95 FAT32

Disk /dev/sdb: 25 MB, 25690112 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 3 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

   Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sdb1               1           3       24066    6  FAT16
Anyway of joining them so it would only create one partition
 
should be able to fomat and deleat the partitions useing fdisk (fdisk as in the dos fdisk and not the linux fdisk :) i dodnt remeber enought about linux to recall if there the same or not ) from within windows i you can do it from the system management consol (disk management ) but im not totally sure how to do it from linux, are youwanting to end up with a full partition for linux or a full partition for windows?

thore
 
THORE
Am not talking about repartitioning harddrives. Am talking about my USB DRIVE. WHen I plug it in windows I get 2drive letters for it. One is 26MB and the other on is 220MB. But I would like a way of joining them. So I would only have one ~250MB drive letter. Like all the normal USB PEN DRIVE have
 
as far as the os is concerned it is a hardrive, you would still use fdisk the same way ;)

thore
 
I thought U were talking about hardrive because U wrote the following:
are youwanting to end up with a full partition for linux or a full partition for windows?

Well in Windows I cant access DISK MANAGEMENT console because I receive the following error:
disk.png

Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service set to Automatic (and started)
Logical Disk Manager set to Automatic (and started)

And I also tried it with ACRONIS DD which doesnt even show the USB drive, and in LINUX I used 'gparted' which also could resize the partitions because linux sees my THUMB DRIVE as to phisycall devices
 
Since it's creating two separate drives (not partitions - sda1 and sdb1 are on different disks!) I don't think there's any way to get one volume out of it. I'd call tech support for that manufacturer and ask them how to make a single partition out of it.

Does Disk Management work when the USB stick isn't plugged in?

 
unhappy_mage said:
Since it's creating two separate drives (not partitions - sda1 and sdb1 are on different disks!) I don't think there's any way to get one volume out of it. I'd call tech support for that manufacturer and ask them how to make a single partition out of it.
Gonna try and dig up their number.

PHP:
Does Disk Management work when the USB stick isn't plugged in?
No, DISK MANAGEMENT doest work whatever I do.
I already posted a thread about this issue here and also on the MSFN.ORG forums, but none of the advices help. Here it is:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1030503
 
Back
Top