• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Throwing down the gauntlet

Styx0r ---84,016 PPD ; total points 9,635,875

Kendrak --- 33,465 PPD ; total points 10,817,780

Lassiterb-- 112,573 PPD ; total points 10,855,803


?Race to 12.5 million?

I think the race is over! or it seems likely to be over.

Nice job Lassiterb!

Who is ramping up?

Me, still ramping. Much of it only temporary though. I have temp access to a few C2Q linux computers while we are burning them in at work. :D (there, my secret is out) :eek:
 
Styx0r ---84,016 PPD ; total points 9,635,875

Kendrak --- 33,465 PPD ; total points 10,817,780

Lassiterb-- 112,573 PPD ; total points 10,855,803

Holy crappola :eek: I love it when these HDDers (heavy duty DCers) get in a competition snit with each other over pernts (only kiddin' about the snit part :rolleyes:) Will you look at the freakin' PpD of these DCers, 84k+, 33k+ and the unbelievable 112k+ :eek:

Kinda' dulls the shine a little I had when I finally managed to break 10k for a few pernt updates a while back, now I'm happy breaking 5k (I was only joshin' about the dulling of any shine, 'cause every single pernt counts :p)

Very impressive Lassiterb, even if it's only temporary with the quads and Linux, the pernts still count :D

DCing for the CURE
 
I knew you had outside machines in on it! My PPD is from machines in my house only!

(There are a few borged machines outside my house running the single core client, but it takes quite a few of those to equal 1 GPUs worth of PPD)

My electricity bill is very high, and while I do intend on breaking 100k PPD in the near future, I don't think that winning this race is in the cards for me, unless someone wants to fold in my name to help me close the gap ;-)

I started from almost a million points behind, with a slightly higher PPD. Then lassiterb ramped almost 50k PPD.

:( :eek: :D
 
Calling all ghost folders.
Help Styx0r beat me!
Fold for styx0r!

I hadn't really planned on ramping that much when I first issued the challenge but it just kinda got addictive and kept growing and growing. I will however be losing 4 of my linsmp boxen next week so that should drop be back down to or below 100k PPD again. They were only temporary.
 
I knew you had outside machines in on it! My PPD is from machines in my house only!

(There are a few borged machines outside my house running the single core client, but it takes quite a few of those to equal 1 GPUs worth of PPD)

My electricity bill is very high, and while I do intend on breaking 100k PPD in the near future, I don't think that winning this race is in the cards for me, unless someone wants to fold in my name to help me close the gap ;-)

I started from almost a million points behind, with a slightly higher PPD. Then lassiterb ramped almost 50k PPD.

:( :eek: :D

I am for hire :). I accept red apple jelly belly jelly beans. I could boost your ppd by 28k :).
 
*poke*

Kendraks PPD= 46k
lassiterb PPD= 114k
styx0r PPD= 106k

hmmm it seems that the race is getting more interesting. MOAR D!!!
 
yeah kendrak comon man:

have you lost the abillity to get it up :eek:

It was never my intention to go much higher than I am currently.

I'm in the middle of selling of my main folding rig (will take me down 3x 9800GX2 cards)

I'm just shy of 11 million points
Summer is coming
I'm # 143 in the world, #14 on the [H]
Business is slowing a bit, so the $50 a month it takes to power that rig wont hurt

I intend to stay in the top 20 on PPD, however I'm going to let some of the newer guys shine for a bit. Xil did a something similar about 1/2 a year ago.

I'm not going anywhere, just wont be going quite as fast. Folding is a road not a destination.

 
Only about 1 Mil to go. Someone please help styx0r catch me!
 
Here's your chance to catch me styx0r, about 3/4 of my PPD is about go off line to conserve power. My farm is downsizing to a garden for a while. I will be running my two highest PPD boxen only which is a 2xGTX295 box and a 2xGTX260core216 box.

Catch me if you can!
 
I'm trying!


At least I'll be able to close the gap a bit. I'm going on vacation tomorrow - but I can VNC into my boxen, so I should be able to keep everything online... I'm good for "only" 80k PPD at the moment... your 1.3 mil lead will be hard to overtake, but thanks for giving me a chance! ;-)

(BTW, racing at these PPDs is pretty ridiculous. It certainly has motivated me to keep my machines up though!)

I have (2) Core2Quad machines that will be running LinSMP, but not until after I return.

:)



 
passed 12 Mil, almost there :)
not much excitement left in this race though. :(


 
Congratulations! - Your use of overwhelming force was effective - next time I won't be so unprepared.

You know that this is only the beginning right? - You won this battle, but the war has just begun!

Next time, I can promise you things will be more interesting.
 
Congratulations! - Your use of overwhelming force was effective - next time I won't be so unprepared.

You know that this is only the beginning right? - You won this battle, but the war has just begun!

Next time, I can promise you things will be more interesting.

very much looking forward to it
 
Back
Top