I just realized I previously posted this in the motherboard section. Anyways....
I have been overclocking my q9550 on a p5q Pro Turbo motherboard. Nothing major, just an overclock from stock 2.83 to 3.2 on air.
1. Once you reach a stable overclock, is it safe and normal to keep it overclocked 24/7?
2. I am only overclocking for gaming. If I know I won't be gaming for awhile on my pc since I also have a ps3 and 360 that I switch back and for to along with my pc, is it ok to set my FSB back to default (going back to my cpu's stock speeds) and when I want to game again on my pc just up my FSB back to 3.2ghz speeds without stress testing it again?
3. Just how much does overclocking effect your electric bill? I know a cpu draws more power, but is it even noticable on your bill over the coarse of a month having your pc on 5-6 hours a day (I am talking more than $1 or $2 a month)?
I am new to overclocking so although these questions might seem stupid to some, I tried to find but couldn't find the answer so I am asking here. Thanks in advance, I am hoping someone is kind enough to offer some insight on these questions.
I have been overclocking my q9550 on a p5q Pro Turbo motherboard. Nothing major, just an overclock from stock 2.83 to 3.2 on air.
1. Once you reach a stable overclock, is it safe and normal to keep it overclocked 24/7?
2. I am only overclocking for gaming. If I know I won't be gaming for awhile on my pc since I also have a ps3 and 360 that I switch back and for to along with my pc, is it ok to set my FSB back to default (going back to my cpu's stock speeds) and when I want to game again on my pc just up my FSB back to 3.2ghz speeds without stress testing it again?
3. Just how much does overclocking effect your electric bill? I know a cpu draws more power, but is it even noticable on your bill over the coarse of a month having your pc on 5-6 hours a day (I am talking more than $1 or $2 a month)?
I am new to overclocking so although these questions might seem stupid to some, I tried to find but couldn't find the answer so I am asking here. Thanks in advance, I am hoping someone is kind enough to offer some insight on these questions.