Three or Single Pack Vista

A three pack is just three licenses instead of one. So you can use it on three different computers. A single only has one license, which means you can only install it on one computer.

Seems like it would be cheaper to buy 3 single packs right now, since it appears to be on sale.

Yup, pretty much. Those licenses only work on a single computer so that 3-pack would be the way to go if you've got a bunch of machines to install on.

Do keep in mind that the OEM versions are more restricted than the retail versions, meaning no machine to machine transfers or motherboard upgrades. If you plan on keeping it through a motherboard upgrade, you should keep this in mind. Of course, the cost of buying a retail license might be offset by the reduced cost of the OEM, so it may work out. I'll leave it to you to do the math. :)

But a fresh install later in the future will be possible with the OEM version correct?

Assuming all hardware is the same...

But a fresh install later in the future will be possible with the OEM version correct?

Correct, you can reinstall as many times as you want, as long as it is the same pc.

I have had a copy of VHP oem, on my desktop pc since March 07, and have reinstalled a half dozen times. The last install I did was when I got a hold of a Vista x64 disk. I used the same oem key on it and it worked like a charm.

The only draw back to a oem license is you cannot transfer it to another pc. With a retail license you can.

Yup, that will be fine, just remember that a radically new machine will probably require a new license with the OEM version.

Check the for sale section for better deals!
You should be able to get retail way cheaper than that IMO

Back