• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Three Hours with Id's 'Rage'

I read to "john goodman" and was sold

1254172884282.jpg
 
I know I’ll play it and have lots of fun with it but for me it just looks so bad! And that's NOT Good! It’s another game let down just so it will run on PS3's and Xbox's it is 2011 not 2004.

Then again I'm a little spoiled after seeing what I did this week…..
 
Meh. I'll still be playing Deus Ex HR when this comes out, and it definitely doesn't sound like anything original to me.
 
Exactly! Why is it people get shitfits over not having a Game Over screen when there's still a checkpoint system used that's probably similar to Bioshock's vitachambers?

problem I had with ther Vita chamber thing is it made it WAY to easy to just die, fight, die, fight without any care for actually trying to play the game well.

in Bioshock, you could get through a tough fight or take out big daddies/sisters just by runnging up to them, whack with wrench, die, repeat till they die. There was no incentive to attempt actually play. Same thing goes for the games with no health bar and regeneration. No incentive to do well, just crouch down for a few seconds, fight, rinse, repeat.
 
Wow, Gearbox is famous for terrible vehicle handling. If ID's Rage vehicles are even worse than Borderlands, that does not bode well for that mechanic.

I'm not sure I'm up for more brown, but I guess it goes with the generic/cliched wasteland setting.
 
Not being able to die = disaster.

Thanks for saving me money

I don't get this. Point out a video where you die and the game starts over. You never die in a video game. You do, but then you just get a load screen and get put back where you were.

The mini game is like the load screen.

Non issue. Wow gamers are a fickle bunch.
 
I don't get this. Point out a video where you die and the game starts over. You never die in a video game. You do, but then you just get a load screen and get put back where you were.
Haha ^^this.

There are very few games that allow an actual character death (as in it deletes that character or save permanently). I played Prince of Persia (the newer cel-shaded one) and thought "This is BS! Why do I get rescued every time I'm about to die?", then I thought about it and realized that I would be in the same situation no matter what.
 
Nice. Very excited about this game.

Did you play the PC version? If so, are textures high res?
 
Told you guys after E3 2009. ;) The game is damn impressive. The fact that it is so visually striking yet never drops below 60fps, on a frigging XBox for chrissakes, is incredible.

Already preordered on Steam, can't wait to play the full game.
 
I don't get this. Point out a video where you die and the game starts over. You never die in a video game. You do, but then you just get a load screen and get put back where you were.

The mini game is like the load screen.

Non issue. Wow gamers are a fickle bunch.

Well first of all Diablo 2 hardcore. Unfortunately I can't mention any other games that does that except the old Prince of Persia as mentioned earlier. But that's not even what I'm getting at. I'm just not as motivated in a game that doesn't use the traditional saving system. I like being able to control where I'm winding up when I press quickload. I don't like checkpoint systems or any other system. With checkpoints usually what happens when you get to a tricky part and die a lot is you get frickin sick of the area you spawn in and so great now that's annoying you ON TOP of not being able to complete whatever you fail doing a couple of corridors away. So I'd like to turn it around. It's a singleplayer game, why even go away from the old system? Why take away that option for me when it works?

All this being said, I don't even know to what extend you are "not able to die" in Rage, I may be going well offtopic so don't get too serious with me here.
 
nice write-up.

sounds like a great game.

can't wait.

thanks.

I read this at home, in my free time.;)
 
Back
Top