When the power starting going out unexpectedly on my four-year-old computer, I suspected a bad power supply and replaced it. Everything worked fine for about a month, then the same symptoms reappeared.
So I took the replacement power supply back and put in a third one. It worked for about a day, and now the computer won't boot up at all. There's power to the monitor, so I know juice is getting through.
My system is usually plugged into a battery backup. Would a bad UPS cause power supplies to fail over time? (I've got the computer plugged into a different surge protector now, and it still won't boot up.)
What other things might cause complete power failure besides a wonky power supply?
I'm tearing my hair out here. Thanks for your help!
So I took the replacement power supply back and put in a third one. It worked for about a day, and now the computer won't boot up at all. There's power to the monitor, so I know juice is getting through.
My system is usually plugged into a battery backup. Would a bad UPS cause power supplies to fail over time? (I've got the computer plugged into a different surge protector now, and it still won't boot up.)
What other things might cause complete power failure besides a wonky power supply?
I'm tearing my hair out here. Thanks for your help!