Three Anonymous Hackers Arrested

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Spanish police have arrested three members of Anonymous in connection with a number of recent high profile hacks (including Sony). Nerds + jail? Somebody is going to be doing some talking and I have a hunch it isn't going to be the police. ;)

Spanish police arrested three suspected members of the so-called Anonymous group on Friday on charges of cyber-attacks against targets including Sony Corp's PlayStation Network, governments, businesses and banks. Spanish police said the accused, who were arrested in Almeria, Barcelona and Alicante, were guilty of coordinated computer hacking attacks from a server set up in a house in Gijon in the north of Spain.

Probably if they were guilty, it would suck pretty bad for them if they were innocent.

Not so Anonymous now....should change their name to Slightly Veiled.

Just to keep with the hi-tech theme Spain should webcast all the "fun" these three will have in prison so the rest of Anonymous can see what's in store for them. lol!

"arrested three suspected members" Now if they were Anonymous, how would they know they are Anonymous. Real hackers want to stay Anonymous. So any hacker would be Anonymous. So it looks like they could be Anonymous I havn't seen any IRC Anonymous chats in spanish.:D

if there is any truth to that 1 in every 4 hacker is an informant (or something like that), then this wont come as a surprise. its honestly hard to be great/known about something big and keep it to yourself, especially if you are the usual loner nerd type on the basement. :D

cant tell if spanish police is srs.

there is no one set group of leaders.
if anything spain has just pissed off the hive mind, so theres going to be some srs retaliation.

if anything spain has just pissed off the hive mind, so theres going to be some srs retaliation.

OHNOEZ DDOS incoming . .. . the script kiddies r cereal now!

"Your Honor, given that my clients have just told you their names, they are clearly not Anonymous. May we go now?"

Suspected hmm... I wonder if they got hard proof.

Here in the US you need proof to raid a house and make an arrest. In order to be GUILTY you have to be proven guilty in a court of law. So yea theres probably a good chance these officers have good evidence.

Here in the US you need proof to raid a house and make an arrest. In order to be GUILTY you have to be proven guilty in a court of law. So yea theres probably a good chance these officers have good evidence.

Yes, but what does that have to do with Spain?

Right, because this totally took place in the United States cities called "Almeria, Barcelona and Alicante" so rules the US justice system must adibe by have to totally apply.

I think the most surprising part is they supposibly had a "a server set up in a house in Gijon in the north of Spain." Is that a rough way of saying they had a single pc of bot-network located in Gijon? Or were these hackers coordinated enough and dedicated enough to buy/rent a house(much like pot growers might do), setup a server in said house and run it 24/7 from a remote location? If so those are some pretty dedicated hackers.

Yes, but what does that have to do with Spain?

Pose it as a comparison. If you are really curious if they can do this type of thing with zero proof in Spain then I suggest looking it up. Not sure of many posters from Spain here on the [H].

Leave the boy alone, he only has a map of the USA in his house, and at his school. He's been taught to only read the headlines.;)

Nice attack! You could tell so much by ... oh wait no your still an idiot.

You seriously believed that?

Tell me then. Who controls the login to the twitter account for anonops?

Who controls the target of LOIC attacks? Obviously not everyone who contributes can control it...

Who picks the targets? Do you think they hold democratic votes?

What does that role sound like to you?

Lol I found this on the web. The passwords ripped from Sony here are some of the common ones that were used

seinfeld, password, winner, 123456, purple, sweeps, contest, princess, maggie, 9452, peanut, shadow, ginger, michael, buster, sunshine, tigger, cookie, george, summer, taylor, bosco, abc123, ashley, bailey

http://www.troyhunt.com/2011/06/brief-sony-password-analysis.html

Sonys customers just as stupid as they are lol

Aah thats spain they arrest any blokes of the street, convict them execute them just in time for the start of a new La Liga Season.

Steve;1037370230 Nerds + jail? Somebody is going to be doing some talking and I have a hunch it isn't going to be the police. ;)[/QUOTE said:
They snitched before they got to the police station and signed the informant papers before lunch.
When entertainment turns into real life, many of these people break within minutes.

Sucks... If they really are members of Anonymous and fight for the ideals set by Anonymous.

They snitched before they got to the police station and signed the informant papers before lunch.
When entertainment turns into real life, many of these people break within minutes.

they can break won't help much cause the partners in crime is somewhere on the tinkernet with a false name. would be funny if they hack the police intranet or deface their webpage or something

We are talking about the Spanish police, your guilty until proven by a police force/agency outside the country.

Que son Anónimos.
Que son Legión.
If you are trying to translate their slogan into Spanish, it would be:
Estamos Anónimo
Somos legión

The verb Estar is used in the first part because the groups condition is being described.
The verb Ser is used in the second part because the group itself is being described.

No habla español
If you are saying Anonymous doesn't speak Spanish, you have to use a personal A to make your statement clear.

No habla Español, a Anónimo.

Or if you were trying to say "I don't speak Spanish", it would be:

No hablo Español. The verb Hablar conjugates to Hablo for Yo (yourself).
Hablar
Yo Hablo
Tu Hablas
El/Ella,Usted Habla
Nosotros Hablamos
Ellos/Ellas Hablan

si señor!
If you are acknowledging his statement, the correct reply would be:

No entiendo lo que dices. I do not understand (what/the thing that) you are trying to say.

Because you would look at his sentences with the incorrect verb and pronoun usage, and wonder what he is trying to say.

If you are trying to translate their slogan into Spanish, it would be:
Estamos Anónimo
Somos legión

The verb Estar is used in the first part because the groups condition is being described.
The verb Ser is used in the second part because the group itself is being described.

Wow he just went el grammar nazi on everyone

Not sure how these kids will handle jail time. Although Im pretty sure rape is part of the package in all prisons.

they can break won't help much cause the partners in crime is somewhere on the tinkernet with a false name. would be funny if they hack the police intranet or deface their webpage or something

When they are connected to the Internet, they can be found. The issues is "when they are connected".
The people caught can pose as hackers and tell the police when others are connected.

I remember some people down in here Miami, featured on American Greed only went by anonymous/false names.
They found one of them, he cooperated and coaxed the others out of the shadows.
It's technology, no one is immune to tracking, the smallest digital footprint can be found.

Back