Threadripper retail packaging released by AMD ceo. Wccftech

Hmm. When I saw that picture earlier I thought the picture was from an Intel fanboy trying to show how hot the CPU ran or something like that.

With that said not sure I like the packaging although should I care. I mean if and when I buy a 16C TR the box will likely end up in my attic collecting dust..

upload_2017-7-24_22-27-27.png

sauryzen

Corrected:

There were rumors of an included AIO and I dont see how a 2 fan rad fits in the box unless their using a 2x thick single fan radiator. Or is this just another bunk rumor?

There has to be an included cooling solution otherwise no one will be able to use the 180w monsters.

Original sigh ...(phone jacked it all up)
There were rumors of an I glided AIO and I dont see how a 2 fan rad fits in the box unless thier using a 2x thick single fan radiator. Or its just another bunk rumor.

There has to be an unused cooling solution otherwise no one will be able use the 180w monsters.

Last edited:
There were rumors of an I glided AIO and I dont see how a 2 fan rad fits in the box unless thier using a 2x thick single fan radiator. Or its just another bunk rumor.

There has to be an unused cooling solution otherwise no one will be able use the 180w monsters.
most are saying thick 120mm rad for greater case compatibility.

damn I hate my phones autospell. It was supposed to say included AIO not i glided lol.... whatever the hell that is.

and it was supposed to say included cooling ... not unused...

Glad you could read between the lines.

that box is huge, there better be something other than a cpu in there.

damn I hate my phones autospell. It was supposed to say included AIO not i glided lol.... whatever the hell that is.

"covered thinly with gold leaf or gold paint." - google

I dont know..... We might want a gilded AIO. Might work with those gold deluxe Asus boards! lol

"covered thinly with gold leaf or gold paint." - google

I dont know..... We might want a gilded AIO. Might work with those gold deluxe Asus boards! lol

I read it as gilded but looked at it again and it was glided lol.

Hmmmm heres to hoping the AIO included in box is good for another couple hundred watts of heat. Overclocking is probably gonna push these chips in excess of 400 watts dissipation.

I hear there is no included heat sink of any kind in the box. So I think these will come with none despite earlier rumors.

There is no AIO in the box. There is an Asetek mount that works with many of the AIO coolers on the market.

There is no AIO in the box. There is an Asetek mount that works with many of the AIO coolers on the market.

So in otherwords... its a big ass box of fluff ...? That is what I see. Just a junk waste of money box that is full of hot air.

Corrected:

There were rumors of an included AIO and I dont see how a 2 fan rad fits in the box unless their using a 2x thick single fan radiator. Or is this just another bunk rumor?

There has to be an included cooling solution otherwise no one will be able to use the 180w monsters.

Oh its there. In pieces. I believe you glue you them together *ducks*

Back