Thread Content Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonKnight13

Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress
Would it be alright for me to make a thread regarding Raptr profile sharing w/o using any URLs pointing to them? I noticed that the site URL is blocked through a filter.

Out of curiosity, why are they blocked? I know about a few others & the reasons why but this one eludes me. Thanks.

The filters are there for a specific purpose, not just to block a site because we don't like it. There is a reason and that being said, trying to circumnavigate the filter is a bad idea.It's best just to find something else to post.

That's understandable, which is the reason why I asked.

Regardless of administrative reasons that are outside the purview of the general membership here, I think that many would like to know what to avoid rather than tiptoeing through a minefield of uncertainty.

A simple list of blocked sites would be great. The US military does this for places that are banned for any military member to visit, buy products from, or associate with. I've gone through this & the knowledge of what to avoid is far greater than only knowing through making choices about the topics that will upset an [H] staff member when seen.

I appreciate the insight & apologize for any misunderstanding that I may have conveyed.

It would not be possible to publish a list of blocked sites basically due to how they are blocked. The site is essentially censored and is grouped in with thousands of other censored words. It would take up way too much administrative resources to produce a list few would even care about reading. When you hit a blocked site, you will know it just like you did. That's how it's been and how it will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back