• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thoughts on this mouse?

I believe those use the Phillips Twin Eye sensor which gets slammed pretty often on the forums here. Especially in the Cyborg R.A.T. thread.
 
but still better than my MX 5000 mouse ;P , it has an 800 DPI (IIRC), and was one of the early laser products......i'm not looking for super performance(hell I do great on my current mouse), however ive killed the left mouse button on an MX Revolution(hence me using an older MX 5000 set mouse....came with the keyboard), and its battery doesnt hold much of a charge anymore.....

i'm not looking for top notch performance, just a good quality mouse, with good features(which that seems to).....that and my eye is drawn to them shiny/pretty colors ;)
 
I don't know about that. From the sound of things, the Phillips Twin Eye is pretty bad.
 
regarding the twin-eye, in the RAT thread, people arent finding an issue with it. Sure if yuo lift it straight up and down it will do funny things, but theyre saying that if you're sweeping the mouse as you lift it, it wont do it. And one guy in that thread has tracked his mouse-jitter down to overly slippery fresh pads, saying it went away after a week of use.
And somebody else in the thread said they quite enjoy the phillips laser in their razer mice.

So it really is a preference thing.


About that coolermaster mouse though, having a screen on it is a cool idea. If i had the money, i'd buy all of these cool mice and decide my fav.
 
I've got one and it's pretty good. A little too small for my hand (I'll get used to it), but as far as performance and durability go, it's excellent. The LCD is a nice feature as well, since you can adjust the DPI in increments of 25 without having to use any software (and the changes you made are saved to the mouse profiles as well).
 
coo, good to know.....i dont lift my mouse off the surface much, so i dont think i would actually be feeling the main problem that was refered to above.....

thanks for the personal experience bit.
 
My mouse does suffer from the lift issue. The cursor moves down and to the left when I pick it up, but I don't notice it at all during normal use (and it's also not too bad because I only have the mouse set to 1625DPI). The grid clicking issue discussed in the RAT thread is caused by the mouse not sitting flat and rocking around when clicked, which is not an issue with this mouse.
 
I don't own a Sentinal, but I do have an Imperator which uses the Philips Twin Eye. The lift issue never bothered me, but the way it behaves with cloth pads did. When you push down directly on the mouse (without moving it sideways) the cursor would move diagonally. This was incredibly irritating when trying to figure out why I had a more difficult time hitting targets. Firmware update didn't fix it. These sensors behave weird when the distance between the surface and the sensor changes.
 
well, with my current mouse I just use it straight on my desk(MDF with some fake wood covering), and no issues, had a mouse pad just annoyed the hell outta me(was cracking), so i figured to hell wiht it....lol...if i end up getting this and need a mouse pad, i guess ill get one :)


thanks for the heads up on that though
 
Back
Top