Thoughts on this mouse (Copperhead)

AmberClad

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 19, 2005
Messages
1,062
I'm looking for a new mouse to replace my aging MX-500, and I saw this baby, the Razer Copperhead. How large/small is this thing? I have pretty small hands, so I'm hoping it's not the size of a typical MS mouse like the Habu. Also, how's the durability? I've only had my Logitech for a little more than two years, and it's looking pretty torn up (works just fine though).
 
The copperhead is pretty symmetrical and I have used one for about a year or so. I like it, works fine, nice, fast, responsive. It doesn't really have an ergonomic feel to it though, so if that's important to you, look elsewhere (Try the Death Adder). Overall though, great mouse with DPI switching and functionality. Comfortable, but not contour conforming.
 
its the exact same mouse as the habu with one less button (under the scroll wheel). I think the Habu drivers were different but physically the Habu and Copperhead are the same. I have a copperhead and I like it but after a year every click has turned into a double click. I am going to replace it then explore my warranty options.
 
physically the Habu and Copperhead are the same
Yeah, I was afraid of that :(. Looks like I might have to go with the G9:

G9
Dimensions (WxDxH) 102 × 51 × 38 mm

Copperhead
Dimensions (WxDxH) 130 x 66 x 41 mm

The Krait is not really an option because it's got so few buttons. And the VX Revo seems like it might be completely unsuited for heavy gaming.
 
If you like the shape of the MX500, you might also want to check out the MX518 and G5. They have the same body shape as the MX500, except the MX518 has a 1600dpi optical sensor and the G5 has a 2000dpi laser sensor.
 
Recommend against the durability of the copperhead. Everything is fine except the rubberized sides. It's very easy to tear with a nail and it leaves you with an non-smooth bump with no way to get rid of it

Other than that, it's light weight. Also, it's not very ergonomic but it lends it self to any style of grip - works well if you hold the mouse with your fingers or with your entire palm. I like the number of buttons it has too and their placement.
 
Back
Top