• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thoughts on Thermaltake Venus

Requiem

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
208
I have the heatsink seen here My temps are 34 idle/ 43 load while at stock speeds on my 3200+ Winchester. I overclocked it when I first got it about 9 months ago, and want to overclock it again as programs get more demanding. With my current idle and load temperatures, I think it may get too hot if I overclock it much. I have been thinking about getting a XP-90 and want to know if it is worth the 50$ price tag over my current heatsink. Thanks.
 
can't go wrong with the xp-90, it's a tried and true design where as this venus just looks like a generic heatsink to me. my post xp-90 numbers wont seem impressive to you, but relative to stock temperatures they're pretty damn good:

3000+ Newcastle

stock hsf, 2.0ghz: 47C/68C
xp-90 (lapped ihs/hsf), 2.3ghz: 39C/53C
xp-90 (lapped ihs/hsf), 2.45ghz: 44C/55C

not sure what was going on with the stock temps but the xp-90 definetely helped things

btw: newegg is great and all, but their prices suck as far as heatsinks and fans go. i ordered my xp-90 from svc and my panaflo h1bx from jab-tech, both were good stores. check out the stickied "GUIDE: What CPU cooler should I buy?" thread for links to some good deals on heatsinks and fans and more information on the topic at hand
 
yea, the XP-90 works great i got it only 4 days ago and i love it :cool:
intel 3.0ghz northwood
idles 27C
loads 36C
i use a 92mm panaflow medium for the fan

and just a question why are the prices for xp-90 so high i got mine for $43cdn and picked it up?
 
Back
Top