• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thoughts on Eizo refurbs and thanks

Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
3
As a long-time lurker, just wanted to say thanks to the community for all of the information that gets posted on the display section. It was of great help in researching a new screen to replace my ancient 15” HP 1024x800 monitor. I went with a refurbished Eizo fs2332 directly from Eizo USA and thought that some feedback on their refurbished units could come in handy for those looking for an similarly-priced alternate to the popular 23” LG IPS panels.

First of all, orders have to be made over the phone, but it was fairly painless. The monitor itself was $150 USD, but you do pay for shipping ($30 for UPS Ground to NYC area). The refurbs have a one year warranty and a 14 day money back period. You do pay for return shipping, should you choose to return your unit, but I got the impression they would probably cover the return if pressed. The salesperson mentioned that most refurbs are units that they have used for display at trade shows and other promotional events.

The monitor came with all accessories, which all appeared to be new/minimally used. The monitor itself was in very good condition, but the entire back of the unit was signed by (what I assume to be) professional gamers. Kind of neat, but some may be annoyed.

My initial impressions of the monitor are very positive. The unit had no dead/stuck pixels, pretty good uniformity, and fairly minimal backlight bleed. I am by no means an expert, but I do some work with print ad trafficking, and I can say I am quite impressed by the “User 1” default color mode. I don’t do much FPS gaming, so I can’t speak to that, but 2D games are vibrant and ghosting and lag were not noticeable (I am not sensitive to this however). The less aggressive AG is very nice; noticeably clearer than my primary monitor at work (U2312).

tldr; if you are bother by aggressive AG, cheap, and willing to take a chance on a refurb, I had good luck with a refurb fs2332 direct from Eizo.
 
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that refurbs were even available from Eizo directly.

Did you check hours used on it? For most Eizo models, go into the menu, check out 'info' and it should be in the 2nd page. I wonder if they reset the timer or if it shows the true usage.
 
I did check, and it was zero. They must reset to 0 when they recertify the units. That's my assumption at least.
 
If brightness is decent, it may not matter much. That is what tends to go first on used monitors. I expect it won't have a ton of hours on it regardless.

I just checked their refurb section... interesting... The 2433 would be tempting, if it wasn't wide gamut. The 'lesser' models, like the 2331, aren't any cheaper than what you paid, so the 2332 may be the best of the bunch, assuming people are okay with LED.
 
refurbs purchased direct from the manufacturer are generally a pretty good deal and usually do come with a decent warranty. 'refurbs' sold by a third party are generally more of a gamble because third party sellers often use that term very loosely.
 
Back
Top