• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

those C-Systems Pumps!!

DaLurker

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 23, 2000
Messages
1,681
Great... I'm on my second one, and it looks like I have to RMA again. Whenever I cold boot my computer now, the pump starts up VERY VERY loud.... then it smooths out after awhile.

What's with that?



edit CIWS- thread title
 
O sorry bout that.... didn't realize that wasn't an appropriate word for the title. Won't happen again.
 
DFI Daishi said:
leaky impeller housing ahoy, matey!

Really? I emailed C-Systems tech support and they said it was probably an "install, chemical, or power supply problem."
 
DaLurker said:
Really? I emailed C-Systems tech support and they said it was probably an "install, chemical, or power supply problem."

install problem = over-tightened fittings, causing the impeller housing to crack and leak.

loud startup typifies entrained air in the housing, as time goes by the air works its way out of the system via your res t-line or whatever, and things quiet down.

rather a lot of people who have used c-systems pumps have had this problem at some point. it's one of the things that i read about when i was looking at pumps for myself, and convinced me that i did not particularly want to buy one.

their answer covers a lot of ground, does it not? what they are saying in a nutshell is that they don't think that it is their fault, whatever the problem happens to be.

people can and have done the same thing to the pump that i use, but the plastic is thicker, so if you use plastic fittings, teflon on the threads, and don't go nuts with tightening it, it's all okay.
 
DFI Daishi said:
install problem = over-tightened fittings, causing the impeller housing to crack and leak.

loud startup typifies entrained air in the housing, as time goes by the air works its way out of the system via your res t-line or whatever, and things quiet down.

rather a lot of people who have used c-systems pumps have had this problem at some point. it's one of the things that i read about when i was looking at pumps for myself, and convinced me that i did not particularly want to buy one.

their answer covers a lot of ground, does it not? what they are saying in a nutshell is that they don't think that it is their fault, whatever the problem happens to be.

people can and have done the same thing to the pump that i use, but the plastic is thicker, so if you use plastic fittings, teflon on the threads, and don't go nuts with tightening it, it's all okay.

Yeah, I gathered from the tone of the email that he thinks it's my fault. I made sure not to over tighten the fittings. When I installed the fittings, I double and tripled checked that there was enough clearnece for the impeller.

I don't believe it's air since I've been running the pump since the 12th, and I've bleed my system and this only happend recently. It sure doesn't feel like air either, because when it makes the loud sort of grinding noise, the pump vibrates quite a bit more than it usually does. The most interesting part is it stops after a while. No idea why.

Anyways, Big Foots willing to replace it again, so it looks like i'm heading downtown to get it exchanged.... again.
 
Back
Top