This virus is troubling me :(

maverick786us

2[H]4U
koobsayx.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8634/koobsayx.jpg

This virus is troubling me since last night, Everytime I heal it (by checking "remove it as a power user"), it flashes again and agian. Can someone tell me how can get rid of this permanemently ??

Lightweight and effective. I love Microsofts Security Essentials a tad more.

Those two are excellent choices of the 4 common freebie choices.

Did you review the Symantec link? Just a few quick registry edits.

QFT on all counts...

Yes i did that, Actually that registry key doesn't exist

MalwareBytes has been very successful in removing KoobFace for me. Make sure you disable system restore, uninstall AVG, run CCleaner, install MSE and MBAM and then scan away.

Yep, Mbam will nuke this guy on its own. SBSD is also good and wouldn't hurt to run it. I would 2nd the removal of AVG and going with MSE.

Just like any other anti-virus MBAM, it doesn't have any system tray, it does'nt seem to launch when the windows start. I don't see any such option in its setting.

There isn't any option where you right click on any drive or folder and "scan through MBAM".

Is it correctly installed? So I am ditching AVG and will stick with MBAM and SBSD. Any other additional tool that I need?

You should run MSE or AntiVir in addition to MBAM and/or SBSD. The free version of MBAM does not have any sort of active protection like MSE. MBAM free is for removing infections, not preventing them from happening in the first place.

Thanks a lot. I was under the impression that MBAM itself is an Anti-Virus. I will get Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)

Thanks a lot. I was under the impression that MBAM itself is an Anti-Virus. I will get Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)

MalwareBytes is strictly an ad/spy ware removal program...crosses over into malware and trojans, a bit of rootkits.

You still want a quality antivirus that provides realtime protection that's dedicated to viruses/worms, rootkits, etc.

The area between the two is getting gray over recent years, but there's still a difference.

dont forget malwarebytes updates twice a day!!!! it might update by itself but i just do it manually. i currenlty use malwarebytes and mse..........however there are some things malwarebytes does not find. i also use superantispyare. seems to be a good combo to get rid of malware /trojans.

Back