This or that?

vitriol

n00b
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
34
I would wait...I have a 9200 SE and am looking to upgrade to a bit of a faster card as well , but this one is still keeping pace.Except for far cry of course.I think that how the current vid card line up's are , we willnot have to wait so long to save some money.
 
Patience my son.. hehe I would wait if I were you. Prices are sure to drop, and you could get yourself into a 9800 Pro or NP for a decent price....

Hold in there.. Running things like NFSU at 1280x1024 with decent framerates and detail isn't that great! <sic> ;)
 
Oh, and OEM is basically just the card in bubblewrap. Retail is the actual box and discs.. etc. that you would see on the store shelf. Get the OEM, save a few bucks.

But again, patience! lol
 
Originally posted by JARofHERB
I would wait...I have a 9200 SE and am looking to upgrade to a bit of a faster card as well , but this one is still keeping pace.Except for far cry of course.I think that how the current vid card line up's are , we willnot have to wait so long to save some money.
i have almost the same set up as you, i also have a 9200, and im lookin for a faster card too:eek:
 
Originally posted by ati_azn
i have almost the same set up as you, i also have a 9200, and im lookin for a faster card too:eek:

i just got my 9800np from newegg yesterday, too replace my 9200se 64mb, im anxious too see the increase in performance, when i put it in later today
 
IIRC, the 9600LE is crippled in some way, and the 9600 can't really take advantage of 256MB anyways.

The difference between retail & OEM is going to be:

a) Retail has a pretty box
b) Retail may have more bundled software
c) Retail may come with extra cables and stuff

with the sapphire, it's a & c; the extra cables include stuff like DVI-VGA adaptor and some extra svideo cables.
 
Back
Top