This or that??

Maverick986

Weaksauce
im in the market for a new case....but have come to a y.......i've been wanting to buy a full tower for a while now....but after looking at some i can only find a couple i like the look of..and under 300.....so far im leaning in the direction of the CM Cosmos or a CM 690.....i know the 690 is a mid tower but i like it......i want to go with the Cosmos, but have been reading that systems have been running 10-20deg hotter....is anyone experiencing this? or is it just because they are just using the stock fans?? the feature that i like the most is that the psu is in the bottom of the case and has its own vent to the outside to draw in and put out to help keep the case cooler..i think...i also like that they seem to have slots to run wired behind the mobo tray..however i've heard the Cosmos seems to not have alot of space for much of it?.....the one thing i'm not crazy about the Cosmos is that it has no fan to directly blow on the hdds but figure it cant be too hard to throw a fan in there somewhere since i have no intent on using all 6hdd bays...yet ;)....also not too crazy about its price based on reviews i've seen......any way what are your opinions?

I dig my CM690, but if I was gonna blow $200 on a case, I would have got the Cosmos.

Does that help?

-bZj

Cosmos is freakin' huge, I saw one yesterday and the 690, Cosmos very big but I doubt you will need the space.

i wasn't really looking at space..mostly cooling since i'm planing on using air...for now at least...and yea looking for looks too....

alright......i've figured out for the most part what i'm putting in the case.....
evga 680i mobo
2x2gb patriot ddr2 800 ram
1 (for the moment) XFX 8600 GTS XXX gpu...eventually 2 of them or maybe an 8800
Antec 1kw psu
2 wd 250gb hdds
havn't decided on a cpu yet.....either e6600 or q6600...but definitely going to oc it

which case would be best for this config? for cooling and room?

Back