This might be cool for [H]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carv

[H]ard|Gawd
I was looking through mod's for vB, and came across this very neat one that might be of good use to us here in the [H] community.

First in order to use it I think you guys are going to have to upgrade to v3.5.x

The hack is located here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=98282

It's a profile extension, that you can put the addon, and lets people see the your computer specs when putting the most over the extra field you have under your name (You need the addon to the profile extender for that thoguh)

So the profile extender will be good so we can put our specs there instead of in signatues.

Just thought I'd give the suggestion.

The upgrade has been studied by Cliff, John and Kyle to figure out how much time it will take and what would be the inherent problems encountered with our large database and too numerous to mention patches and fixes. It is forthcoming, but exactly when hasn't been decided. After that issue is resolved, your suggestion can be examined. It has been proposed previously. :)

Once you hang out around here a while, you realize that the [H]'s database is shaky at best. They have so many mods and hacks on it already, not to mention the 53,459 members. Really, another hack is the last thing this board needs, especially with all the downtime of late.

sac_tagg said:
They have so many mods and hacks on it already

which is suprising because the board has such a stripped down look and feel. I've always thought the hack for mouse over previewing of threads would be great here. Especially in the hot deals and FS/FT forums. But haven't bothered to bring it up because: 1.) I'm sure they already know about it; 2.) there's probably a reason it can't be implemented.

When they do decide will they put up a post seeing what features we would like to see? It just sucks that the databse is what seems to hold up most suggested features.

pigpen said:
which is suprising because the board has such a stripped down look and feel. I've always thought the hack for mouse over previewing of threads would be great here. Especially in the hot deals and FS/FT forums. But haven't bothered to bring it up because: 1.) I'm sure they already know about it; 2.) there's probably a reason it can't be implemented.
That isn't a hack, it is the default behaviour that thankfully can be disabled easy.

I read somewhere that they are not going to be upgrading, if it ain't broke don't upgrade.

What you read was we don't upgrade unless necessary to fix an immediate problem and no upgrade at all between major version releases....so no v.01 or v.03 upgrades, only the biggies and only after the bugs have been worked out.

The hover over mouse feature has been overwhelmingly vetoed on numerous occasions. It is even more aggravating than avatars and active links in signatures......

MajorDomo said:
The hover over mouse feature has been overwhelmingly vetoed on numerous occasions. It is even more aggravating than avatars and active links in signatures......

damm right! TYTYTY for not having those things.

MajorDomo said:
The upgrade has been studied by Cliff, John and Kyle to figure out how much time it will take and what would be the inherent problems encountered with our large database and too numerous to mention patches and fixes. It is forthcoming, but exactly when hasn't been decided. After that issue is resolved, your suggestion can be examined. It has been proposed previously. :)

Cool, yea the change from 3.0.1 to 3.5.2 is pretty big, so I would plan carefully. :)

Carv said:
Cool, yea the change from 3.0.1 to 3.5.2 is pretty big, so I would plan carefully. :)
i wouldn't expect any updates till we hit the big 4.0 ;)

MajorDomo said:

This has been mentioned publicly in the forums quite a long time ago by either Steve or Kyle, correct? If so, it really has been in consideration for quite some time :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back