this might be a WS competitor from NEC

Saw this monitor today at Fry's and it instantly caught my eye. I have been searching widescreens low and high and as of right now have a pair of 2405's on the way, but this thing looks pretty special, specially with a 6ms response time. This monitor has a super glossy screen that appears to be behind glass. Aside from the bad reflection you get off of this monitor it would be pretty sweet in a dark environment.

nice any reviews on this monitor? i might go check out my frys tomorrow.

CrunchoX said:
Saw this monitor today at Fry's and it instantly caught my eye. I have been searching widescreens low and high and as of right now have a pair of 2405's on the way, but this thing looks pretty special, specially with a 6ms response time. This monitor has a super glossy screen that appears to be behind glass. Aside from the bad reflection you get off of this monitor it would be pretty sweet in a dark environment.

How much was it in US dollars? It's not available in Canada yet and NEC site doesn't even list the price.

it says 799.99 US here http://www.icg.com/promoNEC.htm#202MGX. kinda expensive compared to other 20' WS

Damn that does look good, is this LCD suppose to be using LED's for the backlighting?

if it's 100 dollars cheaper and the screen is not reflective, this could be the real winner

Back