• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

This may be a dumb question, but...

Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
53
Here goes. Is there ANY way that I could have caused a Boston Accoustics speaker system to stop working by swapping computers? The speakers came in a Gateway package from like 5 years ago and I swapped the Gateway tower for a custom system with on board sound. Now the speakers dont work. If I plug in head phones into the jack, they work fine, so the computer is outputing sound. I am so pissed right now... :mad:
 
if the speakers worked prior switching to another system then you have probably have the connections screwed up.
 
hm, that's an odd one.

Did you unplug the speakers while loud music was being played?

Can you setup your old gateway and double check to make sure the speakers are not broke?

That is the first thing I would do, and as always, make sure all the cables are pushed in all the way and not broke... (obvious, but it helps).

~Hope this helps, and keep us posted
 
The amplifier for those speakers was in the computer.
Time for some new ones. ;)
 
Back
Top